SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Chain stores for Localvantia. I have a few question?

Posted 3 months ago More by Sanchia A.

Hell Gery and fellow affiliates Wondering if I could get a solution here. For example a big chain store like Spar here in South Africa. I have taken a picture of our local store. Pre-Registered my local Spar and hand-delivered the invitation with info. When I follow up I get the same reply. "We have sent the info to Headoffice" Besides what we learned here on How to approach prospective Localvantia merchants. https://www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=232158 I have a few questions........ How do we approach, pre-register and follow up - chain stores for Localvantia? What can I do to increase interest in Localvantia after the merchant has received the invitation? Should each chain store be pre-registered separately? Because of many chain stores, final decisions are made at the head office. How do I pre-register the head office for all the chain stores for Localvantia? As you know one can not drive thousands of miles to the Head office in order to take a shopfront photo. Thank you for your assistance.
Hell Gery and fellow affiliates

Wondering if I could get a solution here.
For example a big chain store like Spar here in South Africa.
I have taken a picture of our local store.
Pre-Registered my local Spar
and hand-delivered the invitation with info.

When I follow up I get the same reply. "We have sent the info to Headoffice"

Besides what we learned here on How to approach prospective Localvantia merchants. www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=232158

I have a few questions........

How do we approach, pre-register and follow up - chain stores for Localvantia?

What can I do to increase interest in Localvantia after the merchant has received the invitation?

Should each chain store be pre-registered separately? Because of many chain stores, final decisions are made at the head office.

How do I pre-register the head office for all the chain stores for Localvantia? As you know one can not drive thousands of miles to the Head office in order to take a shopfront photo.

Thank you for your assistance.

3x SUPPORT
Sanchia A.

South Africa

E365 Runner Up

Posted 3 months ago

This was discussed previously. It is up to the branch you approached to send the information on to the other branches to see if there is interest there. Your merchant did that by sending it to head office and they in turn will see if they are interested in introducing the program to their other chains. You did just what you were asked to do - signed up your local merchant.
This was discussed previously. It is up to the branch you approached to send the information on to the other branches to see if there is interest there. Your merchant did that by sending it to head office and they in turn will see if they are interested in introducing the program to their other chains.

You did just what you were asked to do - signed up your local merchant.
123x SUPPORT
Jessie M.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #14

Posted 3 months ago More by Gyanendra P.

Hi Sanchia, It is an appreciable effort. Your question: How do we approach, pre-register and follow up - chain stores for Localvantia? There are few combinations possible in Chain Stores: 1) The store is fully run by the company itself and all financial decisions are taken by the central authority ( Headquarters) as seems to be in your case. You have done your best here. Well done. You can wait for the decision from the Headquarters. Meanwhile you can find out from the person whom you handed over the letter to, who is the one who takes financial decisions in HQ. Get his or her contact details and speak to the person on phone. Before you make a call you must have all the possible answers the decision maker is going to ask. May be you can practice the answers by writing in a diary and speak in front of the mirror as if the person is in front of you. Any hesitation in answering the questions may spoil the chances of getting the store onboard. Each such Chain Store is to be pre-registered separately and locally. If the Chain Store has an E Commerce website then the task becomes easier as it can be registered as an RECA ( Spar doesn't have E Commerce website but they do have a website). 2) Many Chain Stores give financial powers to their local managers to take decisions not involving huge amounts. These managers must be found out and spoken to. The rest of the questions I will reply later as it takes time to answer all your questions as well as to make the reply short too. Hope this helps.
Hi Sanchia,

It is an appreciable effort.

Your question: How do we approach, pre-register and follow up - chain stores for Localvantia?

There are few combinations possible in Chain Stores:

1) The store is fully run by the company itself and all financial decisions are taken by the central authority ( Headquarters) as seems to be in your case. You have done your best here. Well done. You can wait for the decision from the Headquarters.

Meanwhile you can find out from the person whom you handed over the letter to, who is the one who takes financial decisions in HQ. Get his or her contact details and speak to the person on phone. Before you make a call you must have all the possible answers the decision maker is going to ask. May be you can practice the answers by writing in a diary and speak in front of the mirror as if the person is in front of you. Any hesitation in answering the questions may spoil the chances of getting the store onboard.

Each such Chain Store is to be pre-registered separately and locally. If the Chain Store has an E Commerce website then the task becomes easier as it can be registered as an RECA ( Spar doesn't have E Commerce website but they do have a website).

2) Many Chain Stores give financial powers to their local managers to take decisions not involving huge amounts. These managers must be found out and spoken to.

The rest of the questions I will reply later as it takes time to answer all your questions as well as to make the reply short too.

Hope this helps.
46x SUPPORT
Gyanendra P.

India

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #13

Posted 3 months ago 1 Reply

Dear Sanchia, this similar problem occurred here in Germany with a Gardening Center Store. From Admin. I was informed that every store needs to be pre-registered, no matter if the store belongs to a chain in the same country. For me, this is not a good solution and I think this matter should be investigated more professionally in order to find a solution which is more acceptable. Localvantia is a good idea - but it should work as it is planned: Bringing customers back to the shops in our cities. Best regards Friedrich Fritz
Dear Sanchia,
this similar problem occurred here in Germany with a Gardening Center Store.
From Admin. I was informed that every store needs to be pre-registered, no
matter if the store belongs to a chain in the same country.

For me, this is not a good solution and I think this matter should be
investigated more professionally in order to find a solution which is
more acceptable.

Localvantia is a good idea - but it should work as it is planned:
Bringing customers back to the shops in our cities.

Best regards
Friedrich Fritz
9x SUPPORT
Friedrich F.

Germany

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago More by Gyanendra P.

From the Spar website it is quite clear that they also offer frachisee options. [img]https://i.imgur.com/9ACuyhl.png[/img] It would greatly help you if you could do a little search and find out what Spar stores are run as franchisee. It would be easier to get such stores onboard as the decision maker will be a local person who owns such a store.
From the Spar website it is quite clear that they also offer frachisee options.

It would greatly help you if you could do a little search and find out what Spar stores are run as franchisee. It would be easier to get such stores onboard as the decision maker will be a local person who owns such a store.
46x SUPPORT
Gyanendra P.

India

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #13

Posted 3 months ago 2 Replies

[quote=1509600]Dear Sanchia, this similar problem occurred here in Germany with a Gardening Center Store. From Admin. I was informed that every store needs to be pre-registered, no matter if the store belongs to a chain in the same country. For me, this is not a good solution and I think this matter should be investigated more professionally in order to find a solution which is more acceptable. [/quote] We'd love to, but every company in the world potentially operates differently, different chains of command, different management philosophies, so a "one size fits all" policy is difficult. What do YOU suggest?
Friedrich F. posted:
Dear Sanchia,

more acceptable.

We'd love to, but every company in the world potentially operates differently, different chains of command, different management philosophies, so a "one size fits all" policy is difficult. What do YOU suggest?
Gery

United States

Posted 3 months ago

[quote=1509676][quote=1509600]Dear Sanchia, this similar problem occurred here in Germany with a Gardening Center Store. From Admin. I was informed that every store needs to be pre-registered, no matter if the store belongs to a chain in the same country. For me, this is not a good solution and I think this matter should be investigated more professionally in order to find a solution which is more acceptable. [/quote] We'd love to, but every company in the world potentially operates differently, different chains of command, different management philosophies, so a "one size fits all" policy is difficult. What do YOU suggest?[/quote] Hi Gery, I am sure you are familiar with eBates, the ebay program for rebates on items purchased online at major retail chain outlets. If SFI could ever make a deal with major chains with Rewardicals, we would generate millions of dollars in business. Aim Higher and Dream even Bigger!
Gery posted:
Friedrich F. posted:
Dear Sanchia,

more acceptable.

We'd love to, but every company in the world potentially operates differently, different chains of command, different management philosophies, so a "one size fits all" policy is difficult. What do YOU suggest?

Hi Gery, I am sure you are familiar with eBates, the ebay program for rebates on items purchased online at major retail chain outlets. If SFI could ever make a deal with major chains with Rewardicals, we would generate millions of dollars in business. Aim Higher and Dream even Bigger!
2x SUPPORT
Andrew C.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

I would get the phone number and address for the head office and mail them the letter and then follow up with a phone call.
I would get the phone number and address for the head office and mail them the letter and then follow up with a phone call.
Ramonda R.

United States

E365 Runner Up

Posted 3 months ago More by Sanchia A.

[quote=1509676][quote=1509600]Dear Sanchia, this similar problem occurred here in Germany with a Gardening Center Store. From Admin. I was informed that every store needs to be pre-registered, no matter if the store belongs to a chain in the same country. For me, this is not a good solution and I think this matter should be investigated more professionally in order to find a solution which is more acceptable. [/quote] We'd love to, but every company in the world potentially operates differently, different chains of command, different management philosophies, so a "one size fits all" policy is difficult. What do YOU suggest?[/quote] Hi Gery Thank you for doing a fantastic job for us all. When can we expect more invitation letters for Localvantia? Perhaps a follow-up letter would help a lot. Or different approachable letters like in the newsletters that we can perhaps send monthly until the merchant wakes up lol. I just wish I could fire a cracker BANG! and wake everyone up because Localvantia has so much potential yet South Africa merchant is still not open-minded even when you tell them there is no risk and nothing to lose. I also tell them about the fantastic resources that they will get and I have even printed it to go down the list as I follow up: Not only can Localvantia help you thrive and grow, it's FREE to join, and you can start generating new sales TODAY. And that is not all! You will receive upon completing registration the powerful resources available as a Localvantia merchant like: • Coupon Builder–Easily create coupons for your customers, which are instantly added to your business profile page • Punch Card Builder–Create a loyalty punch card to keep your customers coming back again and again • Search Engine Profile Builder–Optimize your listing in the Localvantia Search Engine • Built-in Rewardical program–Attract repeat sales and a loyal customer base with a built-in loyalty program • Rewardicals Earning Capability–Earn your own Rewardical Tokens you can exchange for even more rewards • Access to effective marketing aids to promote loyalty program–Access ready-made promotional flyers, table tents, and more to encourage customer participation • A built-in customer base who are looking for places to shop to earn Rewardicals–Reap the benefits from fellow participating Localvantia merchants also promoting Rewardicals to customers in your area • Automatically built and maintained customer mailing list–Contact your loyalty program participants to promote specials, sales, and more. (Coming soon!) Gery we know you and your team are working hard for us all. I know you will have a solution for us soon in what we can do to wake merchants up in any country. Keep up the fantastic work for we love you for it.
Gery posted:
Friedrich F. posted:
Dear Sanchia,

more acceptable.

Hi Gery
Thank you for doing a fantastic job for us all.
When can we expect more invitation letters for Localvantia?

Perhaps a follow-up letter would help a lot.
Or different approachable letters like in the newsletters that we can perhaps send monthly until the merchant wakes up lol.

I just wish I could fire a cracker BANG! and wake everyone up because Localvantia has so much potential yet South Africa merchant is still not open-minded even when you tell them there is no risk and nothing to lose. I also tell them about the fantastic resources that they will get and I have even printed it to go down the list as I follow up:

Not only can Localvantia help you thrive and grow, it's FREE to join, and you can start generating new sales TODAY.
And that is not all!
You will receive upon completing registration the powerful resources available as a Localvantia merchant like:

• Coupon Builder–Easily create coupons for your customers, which are instantly added to your business profile page
• Punch Card Builder–Create a loyalty punch card to keep your customers coming back again and again
• Search Engine Profile Builder–Optimize your listing in the Localvantia Search Engine
• Built-in Rewardical program–Attract repeat sales and a loyal customer base with a built-in loyalty program
• Rewardicals Earning Capability–Earn your own Rewardical Tokens you can exchange for even more rewards
• Access to effective marketing aids to promote loyalty program–Access ready-made promotional flyers, table tents, and more to encourage customer participation
• A built-in customer base who are looking for places to shop to earn Rewardicals–Reap the benefits from fellow participating Localvantia merchants also promoting Rewardicals to customers in your area
• Automatically built and maintained customer mailing list–Contact your loyalty program participants to promote specials, sales, and more. (Coming soon!)

Gery we know you and your team are working hard for us all.
I know you will have a solution for us soon in what we can do to wake merchants up in any country.

Keep up the fantastic work for we love you for it.
3x SUPPORT
Sanchia A.

South Africa

E365 Runner Up

Posted 3 months ago

Thank you Sanchia A. from South Africa E365 Runner Up for posting this question in this forum ,i now understand well how to register a store at Localvantia . Thank you again.[img]https://www.sfimg.com/Images/Badges/badge-EApending.png[/img]
Thank you Sanchia A. from South Africa E365 Runner Up for posting this question in this forum ,i now understand well how to register a store at Localvantia . Thank you again.
mary M.

Kenya

Liked by BENAHMED K.

Posted 3 months ago

This this is very interesting never thought of this way to generate business thank you for the information Gunnar
This this is very interesting never thought of this way to generate business
thank you for the information
Gunnar
Gunnar H.

United States

| Edit settings