Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Things are Heating Up in Michigan...

Posted 3 months ago More by Jim L.

Greetings, As you can see, things are really heating up in Northwest Michigan. This photo taken Easter Sunday, is an example of some of the reasons why I am not necessarily having any success with connecting with very many merchants for the Localvantia program. The population decreases considerably during the winter, and many businesses even close. [img]https://i.imgur.com/oEAjJtQ.jpg[/img] Yes, that is still completely frozen, but the sun is shining, and even though we are still getting occasional snow showers, we can now see the ground. My questions for the forum are this: 1. "Is this a good enough reason to not be signing up, and confirming Merchants?" 2. "What's keeping you from signing up Merchants into the program?" It seems to me that the Localvantia program is growing quite slowly, I have shown what is keeping me from actively pursuing Merchants, and I plan on ramping up when the weather breaks. Appreciate all comments and thoughts. Jim Leffew
Greetings,

As you can see, things are really heating up in Northwest Michigan. This photo taken Easter Sunday, is an example of some of the reasons why I am not necessarily having any success with connecting with very many merchants for the Localvantia program. The population decreases considerably during the winter, and many businesses even close.

Yes, that is still completely frozen, but the sun is shining, and even though we are still getting occasional snow showers, we can now see the ground.

My questions for the forum are this:

1. "Is this a good enough reason to not be signing up, and confirming Merchants?"
2. "What's keeping you from signing up Merchants into the program?"

It seems to me that the Localvantia program is growing quite slowly, I have shown what is keeping me from actively pursuing Merchants, and I plan on ramping up when the weather breaks.

Appreciate all comments and thoughts.

Jim Leffew
5x SUPPORT
Jim L.

United States

Posted 3 months ago 1 Reply

Jim Leffew - 2 hours with no replies, wonder why? The Forum, I thought, was supposed to be an positive experience. Your post seems to only be 180% off. You're asking for more negative comments via your two (2) questions. Remember, what's in your mind will be replayed. Bless you and yours. Bye for now. Buy SFI. TC. R-ECA. Bruce Harper
Jim Leffew - 2 hours with no replies, wonder why? The Forum, I thought, was supposed to be an positive experience. Your
post seems to only be 180% off. You're asking for more negative comments via your two (2) questions. Remember, what's
in your mind will be replayed.

Bless you and yours. Bye for now. Buy SFI. TC. R-ECA.
Bruce Harper
9x SUPPORT
Bruce H.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago More by Jeannine G. 1 Reply

Frequent Forum contributors are probably eating dinner, recovering from the Easter Holiday or they are busy advertising and working on other business activities. Yes Jim, the weather has been a deterrent for me in pre-registering businesses mainly because of bad weather and or early darkness and overcast skies which make for dull photos. In your case it must be difficult with many businesses closed until the warm weather is here again. I do need to step up on contacting my pre-registered businesses in order to see if they wish to Register in Localvantia. Other personal difficulties have also slowed me down this Winter. That is a beautiful photo of the Lake you have posted from Michigan. I am assuming it is a photo of Lake Michigan. It reminds me of Lake Erie here in Ohio which is not far from where I live. The Great Lakes are very beautiful and I enjoy being able to go to a park on Lake Erie! I haven’t visited Lake Erie for several months but I don’t think there is any ice in it right now and I don’t believe large patches froze this year because of the warm spells we had this Winter. In your more Northern location I imagine more of your Great Lakes freeze in the winter. I hope the weather warms up soon for you Jim and you can Register the Seasonal businesses in your area.
Frequent Forum contributors are probably eating dinner, recovering from the Easter Holiday or they are busy advertising and working on other business activities.

Yes Jim, the weather has been a deterrent for me in pre-registering businesses mainly because of bad weather and or early darkness and overcast skies which make for dull photos. In your case it must be difficult with many businesses closed until the warm weather is here again. I do need to step up on contacting my pre-registered businesses in order to see if they wish to Register in Localvantia. Other personal difficulties have also slowed me down this Winter.

That is a beautiful photo of the Lake you have posted from Michigan. I am assuming it is a photo of Lake Michigan. It reminds me of Lake Erie here in Ohio which is not far from where I live. The Great Lakes are very beautiful and I enjoy being able to go to a park on Lake Erie! I haven’t visited Lake Erie for several months but I don’t think there is any ice in it right now and I don’t believe large patches froze this year because of the warm spells we had this Winter. In your more Northern location I imagine more of your Great Lakes freeze in the winter.

I hope the weather warms up soon for you Jim and you can Register the Seasonal businesses in your area.
2x SUPPORT
Jeannine G.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

[quote=1383257]Jim Leffew - 2 hours with no replies, wonder why? The Forum, I thought, was supposed to be an positive experience. Your post seems to only be 180% off. You're asking for more negative comments via your two (2) questions. Remember, what's in your mind will be replayed. Bless you and yours. Bye for now. Buy SFI. TC. R-ECA. Bruce Harper[/quote] He is asking reasonable questions. Does everything need to be hype ?
Bruce H. posted:
Jim Leffew - 2 hours with no replies, wonder why? The Forum, I thought, was supposed to be an positive experience. Your
post seems to only be 180% off. You're asking for more negative comments via your two (2) questions. Remember, what's
in your mind will be replayed.

Bless you and yours. Bye for now. Buy SFI. TC. R-ECA.
Bruce Harper
He is asking reasonable questions. Does everything need to be hype ?

SUPPORT
William S.

United States

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago More by Jim L. 1 Reply

I am appreciative of all comments. My interest with these questions was to try and find out why there seems to be virtually no growth in the United States for the Localvantia Program. Enter in the search box USA, and see what you get. Most of the businesses are from other countries. If you search by state, say California, you find "No Results Found". New York shows 2, both of which are actually in New Jersey. Even Gerys home state, Nebraska, has "No Results Found". With only 265 Registered Merchants, I am trying to determine what is keeping people from participating. Having said all that, Is our Localvantia Program viable? Will it survive? Best Regards to all. Jim Leffew
I am appreciative of all comments.

My interest with these questions was to try and find out why there seems to be virtually no growth in the United States for the Localvantia Program. Enter in the search box USA, and see what you get. Most of the businesses are from other countries. If you search by state, say California, you find "No Results Found". New York shows 2, both of which are actually in New Jersey. Even Gerys home state, Nebraska, has "No Results Found".

With only 265 Registered Merchants, I am trying to determine what is keeping people from participating.

Having said all that, Is our Localvantia Program viable? Will it survive?

Best Regards to all.

Jim Leffew
5x SUPPORT
Jim L.

United States

Posted 3 months ago More by Jim L.

[quote=1383285] That is a beautiful photo of the Lake you have posted from Michigan. I hope the weather warms up soon for you Jim and you can Register the Seasonal businesses in your area. [/quote] Thanks Jeannine, That would be Torch Lake in NW Michigan. Yes, Winter is hanging on a bit this year, but spring is right on our doorstep. Jim Leffew
Jeannine G. posted:

That is a beautiful photo of the Lake you have posted from Michigan.
I hope the weather warms up soon for you Jim and you can Register the Seasonal businesses in your area.

Thanks Jeannine,

That would be Torch Lake in NW Michigan. Yes, Winter is hanging on a bit this year, but spring is right on our doorstep.

Jim Leffew
5x SUPPORT
Jim L.

United States

Posted 3 months ago

Hello, Jim, I appreciate that you are further North of my Central Indiana location. We are having storms of every sort! Snow on Easter was 6 inches deep. We are having thunderstorms and raining with flooding, everywhere! My present situation, is no transportation to town and when I do get to town, I'm passing out my Rewardical XCards, as often as I meet new people. Waiting on situation, to change here, rapidly and weather permitting and warming up, to get out of the house. Much luck to you, Kelly, SFI, Bronze Team Leader
Hello, Jim,

I appreciate that you are further North of my Central Indiana location.

We are having storms of every sort! Snow on Easter was 6 inches deep. We are having thunderstorms and raining with flooding, everywhere!

My present situation, is no transportation to town and when I do get to town, I'm passing out my Rewardical XCards, as often as I meet new people.

Waiting on situation, to change here, rapidly and weather permitting and warming up, to get out of the house.

Much luck to you,

Kelly, SFI, Bronze Team Leader
SUPPORT
Kelly C.

United States

E365 Runner Up

Posted 3 months ago More by Jeannine G.

[quote=1384017]I am appreciative of all comments. My interest with these questions was to try and find out why there seems to be virtually no growth in the United States for the Localvantia Program. Enter in the search box USA, and see what you get. Most of the businesses are from other countries. If you search by state, say California, you find "No Results Found". New York shows 2, both of which are actually in New Jersey. Even Gerys home state, Nebraska, has "No Results Found". With only 265 Registered Merchants, I am trying to determine what is keeping people from participating. Having said all that, Is our Localvantia Program viable? Will it survive? Best Regards to all. Jim Leffew[/quote] Hello Jim, Gery Carson stated a few months ago in a Thread on Localvantia that he expects that the Localvantia Program will be more successful in countries outside of the United States. I am hoping that with time Localvantia will become more known and gain increased participation in the United States. Best Regards, Jeannine
Jim L. posted:
I am appreciative of all comments.

My interest with these questions was to try and find out why there seems to be virtually no growth in the United States for the Localvantia Program. Enter in the search box USA, and see what you get. Most of the businesses are from other countries. If you search by state, say California, you find "No Results Found". New York shows 2, both of which are actually in New Jersey. Even Gerys home state, Nebraska, has "No Results Found".

With only 265 Registered Merchants, I am trying to determine what is keeping people from participating.

Having said all that, Is our Localvantia Program viable? Will it survive?

Best Regards to all.

Jim Leffew

Hello Jim,

Gery Carson stated a few months ago in a Thread on Localvantia that he expects that the Localvantia Program will be more successful in countries outside of the United States.

I am hoping that with time Localvantia will become more known and gain increased participation in the United States.

Best Regards,
Jeannine
2x SUPPORT
Jeannine G.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

The only stores I have around here are big stores (like Walmart), a local convenient store and lawyers. Even a lot of the big stores here by me are closing sigh... Once in a while we get a new small business but then they close within the first year usually. It is a sad place for businesses here, but we do have plenty of lawyers.
The only stores I have around here are big stores (like Walmart), a local convenient store and lawyers. Even a lot of the big stores here by me are closing sigh... Once in a while we get a new small business but then they close within the first year usually. It is a sad place for businesses here, but we do have plenty of lawyers.
Dawn C.

United States

E365 Country Champion

Posted 2 months ago

Hi Jim Here is some warm beach sand from Florida. [img]https://i.imgur.com/yFr2dsi.jpg[/img] Hope things pick up for you.
Hi Jim Here is some warm beach sand from Florida.

Hope things pick up for you.
Keith H.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

HI Jim, I have heard that it is still like winter up in Michigan with snow at times. The image you have given is certainly a beautiful area. I can certainly understand the weather up north can be a disadvantage during the winter season as well as many other obstacles of other types. Signing up Merchants can be hindered by numerous reasons. I for one have been dealing with my sick husband since the beginning of last year and more health issues added on to that as well. Its constant trips to the doctor and often times visits in the hospital. Every individual may have their own reasons why they are lacking signups. What matters the most, is you keep doing what you can and keep working at building your business. I may be lacking in many areas at SFI, but I definitely won't let go and hopefully I can start picking up where I am lacking later.
HI Jim,
I have heard that it is still like winter up in Michigan with snow at times. The image you have given is certainly a beautiful area. I can certainly understand the weather up north can be a disadvantage during the winter season as well as many other obstacles of other types. Signing up Merchants can be hindered by numerous reasons. I for one have been dealing with my sick husband since the beginning of last year and more health issues added on to that as well. Its constant trips to the doctor and often times visits in the hospital.
Every individual may have their own reasons why they are lacking signups. What matters the most, is you keep doing what you can and keep working at building your business. I may be lacking in many areas at SFI, but I definitely won't let go and hopefully I can start picking up where I am lacking later.
3x SUPPORT
Susie M.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

| Edit settings