Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

why such high shipping fees?

Posted about 1 year ago 1 Reply

I was to order for a product of 8 dollars from USA and i also discovered that the shipping cost was 13dollars , even more than the cost of the product. How do you justify buying a product that the shipping cost is more expensive than the cost of the product it self? Barry ,I get you clearly
I was to order for a product of 8 dollars from USA and i also discovered that the shipping cost was 13dollars , even more than the cost of the product. How do you justify buying a product that the shipping cost is more expensive than the cost of the product it self? Barry ,I get you clearly
Kate I.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

Dear Barry W, This problem has been found to most of TC shoppers. And there is another truth behind E-commerce shipping fee which we can not ignore that not only TripleClicks merchants assign high shipping costs but also 98% of others platform have the same shipping fee nearly. Gery Sir said about upcoming Localvantia. I think that will help ALL of us to purchase anything without a penny shipping fee from our locally. I am waiting for that with excitement. Thank you Regards AL M
Dear Barry W,

This problem has been found to most of TC shoppers. And there is another truth behind E-commerce shipping fee which we can not ignore that not only TripleClicks merchants assign high shipping costs but also 98% of others platform have the same shipping fee nearly.

Gery Sir said about upcoming Localvantia. I think that will help ALL of us to purchase anything without a penny shipping fee from our locally.
I am waiting for that with excitement.

Thank you
Regards
AL M
15x SUPPORT
Al M.

Bangladesh

Posted about 1 year ago, edited about 1 year ago

Hi Barry, I have read comments from everybody concerning the costs of shipping. Initially when I started in SFI, shipping costs used to be a problem to me, but not the case nowadays. I might be wrong, but I sound like somebody from another planet. I do drop shipping just as most of you do. Most suppliers label their products as "Free Shipping", and this is what I enjoy. Occasionally, my only concern could be customs payment, which is also quite minimal. If shipping does apply; it's never double. For instance, I bought a product at $12 and the total shipping turned out to be $4. Another product was $8 but shipping was $7, but I didn't have a problem with this because it was still reasonable including the cost of shipping! It could be that some suppliers avoid the high cost of shipping; because when I buy a product, especially from the US / Canada, it'll say that the supplier will not ship to my country, but it rarely happen. Otherwise to wrap it all, it's almost all Free Shipping. Kind regards, Nelson.
Hi Barry,

I have read comments from everybody concerning the costs of shipping. Initially when I started in SFI, shipping costs used to be a problem to me, but not the case nowadays. I might be wrong, but I sound like somebody from another planet.

I do drop shipping just as most of you do. Most suppliers label their products as "Free Shipping", and this is what I enjoy. Occasionally, my only concern could be customs payment, which is also quite minimal. If shipping does apply; it's never double. For instance, I bought a product at $12 and the total shipping turned out to be $4. Another product was $8 but shipping was $7, but I didn't have a problem with this because it was still reasonable including the cost of shipping!

It could be that some suppliers avoid the high cost of shipping; because when I buy a product, especially from the US / Canada, it'll say that the supplier will not ship to my country, but it rarely happen.

Otherwise to wrap it all, it's almost all Free Shipping.

Kind regards,
Nelson.
Nelson Nehemiah L.

Botswana

E365 Runner Up

Posted about 1 year ago, edited about 1 year ago More by Gery

[quote=1015488]I was to order for a product of 8 dollars from USA and i also discovered that the shipping cost was 13dollars , even more than the cost of the product. How do you justify buying a product that the shipping cost is more expensive than the cost of the product it self? Barry ,I get you clearly[/quote] [b]Only YOU can decide whether the cost to ship is justified or not.[/b] All we're saying is that we charge you what we're charged...shipping is expensive and we can't make the carriers charge less or eat the cost ourselves (it's simply not feasible). What we DO recommend is that you shop your country's ECAs (they're listed for you on the ECA tab on your SFI homepage) because shipping will likely be MUCH less and, when it's launched later this year, shop Localvantia merchants (which will have no shipping cost).
Kate I. posted:

Only YOU can decide whether the cost to ship is justified or not. All we're saying is that we charge you what we're charged...shipping is expensive and we can't make the carriers charge less or eat the cost ourselves (it's simply not feasible).

What we DO recommend is that you shop your country's ECAs (they're listed for you on the ECA tab on your SFI homepage) because shipping will likely be MUCH less and, when it's launched later this year, shop Localvantia merchants (which will have no shipping cost).
Gery

United States

Posted about 1 year ago

YES WE have a high shipping fee its because the gasoline is also very expensive,now you can justify that by ordering more coffee , inrease your order and you will find that very convincing, instead of ordering 10 boxes make it 100 boxes!
YES WE have a high shipping fee its because the gasoline is also very expensive,now you can justify that by ordering more coffee , inrease your order and you will find that very convincing, instead of ordering 10 boxes make it 100 boxes!

Posted about 1 year ago

We would like to bank with ECAs in our country if they are loaded, the problem is the ECAs in countries like mine don't have much in store,less eye -catching Stuffs
We would like to bank with ECAs in our country if they are loaded, the problem is the ECAs in countries like mine don't have much in store,less eye -catching Stuffs
Oyewale I.

Nigeria

Liked by Kate I.

Posted about 1 year ago

I'm waiting for it! Excited for LOCALVANTIA,!
I'm waiting for it! Excited for LOCALVANTIA,!
Adulfo C.

Philippines

E365 Runner Up

Posted about 1 year ago More by Barry W.

yes I am looking forward to this LOCALVANTIA for sure. Which leads me to another question. I live in a small city that is in vicinity of larger markets I also travel to other areas will I have a list available to what ever city I am in?
yes I am looking forward to this LOCALVANTIA for sure. Which leads me to another question. I live in a small city that is in vicinity of larger markets I also travel to other areas will I have a list available to what ever city I am in?
Barry W.

Canada

E365 Country Champion

Posted about 1 year ago

Well, once we REALLY understand that the shipping costs are defined by courriers ...NOT SFI/TC...NOT ECAS....I hope we will STOP asking and complaining about shipping costs. ECAs have NO WAY to influence the shipping costs...meaning, if they are offering FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE....they just HAVE to choose the Standard shipping... that costs less...but, the delivery time might be even over 60 days. If the client is willing to pay the faster courrier, GOOD...but, I don't think the percentage of those willing to pay it is even 0,000001 %. So, please, try to understand HOW it works...and have patience to get what you want.
Well, once we REALLY understand that the shipping costs are defined by
courriers ...NOT SFI/TC...NOT ECAS....I hope we will STOP asking and complaining
about shipping costs.
ECAs have NO WAY to influence the shipping costs...meaning, if they are offering
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE....they just HAVE to choose the Standard shipping...
that costs less...but, the delivery time might be even over 60 days.
If the client is willing to pay the faster courrier, GOOD...but, I don't think the
percentage of those willing to pay it is even 0,000001 %.
So, please, try to understand HOW it works...and have patience to get what you want.
167x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #1

Posts: 8,338 | Followers: 1,127 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

Posted about 1 year ago

The shipping fees in Canada is also high. There was a time where I were doing business with a friend in Canada. I bought items on a website in China, that is not sell to Chinese, so I were load my friends address in Canada, and he sold it for me. One day I ask a seller, when he would send to me a packet to China, and he accepted, but his staff forgot do it, and sent it to Canada, shipping fee was 50 Cents, and it was 2 month on way to Canada. My friend sent it back to me, the shipping fee was $22, and it was on way in near to 3 month. So the Canadian fee for a very small packet with a weight of only 100 Gram was 44 times higher than from China, and took much longer time. Best regards Svend
The shipping fees in Canada is also high.

There was a time where I were doing business with a friend in Canada.

I bought items on a website in China, that is not sell to Chinese, so I were load my friends address in Canada, and he sold it for me.

One day I ask a seller, when he would send to me a packet to China, and he accepted, but his staff forgot do it, and sent it to Canada, shipping fee was 50 Cents, and it was 2 month on way to Canada. My friend sent it back to me, the shipping fee was $22, and it was on way in near to 3 month.

So the Canadian fee for a very small packet with a weight of only 100 Gram was 44 times higher than from China, and took much longer time.

Best regards
Svend
72x SUPPORT
Svend Erik L.

China

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Liked by Tanja K.

| Edit settings