Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Are You Real? Posts by Randy Ireland

Posted 5 days ago More by Randy I.

Are You Real? From your library of expert reports (https://www.sfimg.com/Training/ExpertReports) we find some good advice that applies to your Leadership skills as you mentor your team: [i]"First: People want to deal with human beings, not flawless robots. To illustrate: When you hear a speaker who is oh-so-precise with enunciation, so programmed with canned gestures and so fluent without a single blunder, you might react negatively. You sense that you are observing an actor, not a real person." (Bill Lampton, Ph.D.,)[/i] The world will not fall apart if there are a few imperfections in your leadership. People will follow a REAL person over a person who never seems to make a mistake. One of the best places to be "real" is right here in the forum. It's okay if you are not an expert! [img]https://i.imgur.com/I9w9zeD.jpg[/img] I took this picture one morning last summer. This golden sunrise is only possible because of some dark clouds that were in place. We are going to have some dark clouds in our lives. Let's appreciate, and acknowledge that we are not perfect, and then stop demanding that others be perfect, and we might just let our humanity shine through! That's what your team needs to see.
Are You Real?

From your library of expert reports (https://www.sfimg.com/Training/ExpertReports) we find some good advice that applies to your Leadership skills as you mentor your team:

"First: People want to deal with human beings, not flawless robots. To illustrate: When you hear a speaker who is oh-so-precise with enunciation, so programmed with canned gestures and so fluent without a single blunder, you might react negatively. You sense that you are observing an actor, not a real person." (Bill Lampton, Ph.D.,)

The world will not fall apart if there are a few imperfections in your leadership. People will follow a REAL person over a person who never seems to make a mistake. One of the best places to be "real" is right here in the forum. It's okay if you are not an expert!

I took this picture one morning last summer. This golden sunrise is only possible because of some dark clouds that were in place. We are going to have some dark clouds in our lives. Let's appreciate, and acknowledge that we are not perfect, and then stop demanding that others be perfect, and we might just let our humanity shine through! That's what your team needs to see.
8x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #1

[quote=1594020]Hi Randy, I believe that no man is perfect but the creator of all things only However, a real Leader, is one who always lead by example to enable others follow...positive steps to success inspirations[/quote] I will agree with your comments, but still have to say that even by leading by example we are subject to not being perfect. Accepting that we are not perfect, we still aim for perfection.
Ofuonyebi '. posted:
Hi Randy,
I believe that no man is perfect but the creator of all things only
However, a real Leader, is one who always lead by example
to enable others follow...positive steps to success inspirations

I will agree with your comments, but still have to say that even by leading by example we are subject to not being perfect. Accepting that we are not perfect, we still aim for perfection.
8x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

[quote=1594049]Once again, a great point of view. I am of the belief: Without our mistakes we would not be where we are today. After all, as mentioned we all make mistakes. Those who progress are the ones who take their mistakes and learn from them. Some of the best inventions throughout history came about because of a "mistake." Watch an infant/child and we observe just how much we learn from making "mistakes." My daughter loves to draw, but thinks she is awful at it. I have many of her drawings she has completed throughout the years hung in my room. Looking at them I see how she has progressed from drawings where one wonders what the object is to drawings where one can clearly tell what she was drawing. It is the same with all humans, regardless of where they are in their life span. Thank you for sharing this wise view.[/quote] Thank YOU, Anna! Beautiful analogy.
Anna D. posted:
Once again, a great point of view.

I am of the belief: Without our mistakes we would not be where we are today. After all, as mentioned we all make mistakes. Those who progress are the ones who take their mistakes and learn from them. Some of the best inventions throughout history came about because of a "mistake." Watch an infant/child and we observe just how much we learn from making "mistakes."

My daughter loves to draw, but thinks she is awful at it. I have many of her drawings she has completed throughout the years hung in my room. Looking at them I see how she has progressed from drawings where one wonders what the object is to drawings where one can clearly tell what she was drawing. It is the same with all humans, regardless of where they are in their life span.

Thank you for sharing this wise view.

Thank YOU, Anna! Beautiful analogy.
8x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

| Edit settings