Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

More auctions for customers

Posted 5 months ago More by Orsine E.

[quote=1287238][quote=1287192]I totally agree Michael. Make the TripleClicks auctions more like eBay. Just think of the explosion of customers......the mind boggles.[/quote] But the fact is, for years we pushed out a massive numbers of consumer items, often having 10-20 live auctions going at a time. At the same time, we made numerous marketing aids, etc. available to our affiliates to bring in bidders. We took great losses doing this. Now, with fewer auctions, that better matches the number of bidders we have, Pricebenders revenues have risen substantially...which puts more revenue into the TripleClicks Executive Pool, by far, than when we had many more auctions going. In other words, LESS, more "concentrated" auctions has been better for SFI affiliates than more. Now, is that where we want to be? No, definitely not! But until our marketing arm (that's our affiliates) can bring more customers (bidders) to the table, it's just not feasible for us to have so many auctions going at once. We can't do this at a loss! And don't forget that our competitors have no CV to pay out...which is where the lion's share of the revenue goes (to our affiliates, not us). One more thing: In case the suggestion is actually about having people put their stuff up for auction like E-Bay... We've offered many times to this. No one, so far, has been willing to allow their items to sell for pennies and take huge losses...as WE have to do constantly...and what a penny auction requires. Penny auctions are NOT for the faint of heart! You LOSE and lose big OFTEN. Additionally, relying on people all over the world to actually ship items to winners (especially when they lost money or barely made anything) is asking for trouble.[/quote] I completely agree Gery, this totally makes sense!!
Gery posted:
Janet S. posted:
I totally agree Michael. Make the TripleClicks auctions more like eBay. Just think of the explosion of customers......the mind boggles.

But the fact is, for years we pushed out a massive numbers of consumer items, often having 10-20 live auctions going at a time. At the same time, we made numerous marketing aids, etc. available to our affiliates to bring in bidders. We took great losses doing this. Now, with fewer auctions, that better matches the number of bidders we have, Pricebenders revenues have risen substantially...which puts more revenue into the TripleClicks Executive Pool, by far, than when we had many more auctions going.

In other words, LESS, more "concentrated" auctions has been better for SFI affiliates than more. Now, is that where we want to be? No, definitely not! But until our marketing arm (that's our affiliates) can bring more customers (bidders) to the table, it's just not feasible for us to have so many auctions going at once. We can't do this at a loss! And don't forget that our competitors have no CV to pay out...which is where the lion's share of the revenue goes (to our affiliates, not us).

One more thing: In case the suggestion is actually about having people put their stuff up for auction like E-Bay... We've offered many times to this. No one, so far, has been willing to allow their items to sell for pennies and take huge losses...as WE have to do constantly...and what a penny auction requires. Penny auctions are NOT for the faint of heart! You LOSE and lose big OFTEN. Additionally, relying on people all over the world to actually ship items to winners (especially when they lost money or barely made anything) is asking for trouble.

I completely agree Gery, this totally makes sense!!
12x SUPPORT
Orsine E.

Sint Maarten

E365 Runner Up

Posted 5 months ago More by Janet S.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me Gery. I guess I am one of the ones who don’t really understand the workings of all things internet. Its easy to say, “lets have a site like ebay auctions” but most people (and especially me) don’t know what is entailed. Once again, many thanks for your information and I guess I need to think upfront before posting.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me Gery. I guess I am one of the ones who don’t really understand the workings of all things internet.

Its easy to say, “lets have a site like ebay auctions” but most people (and especially me) don’t know what is entailed.

Once again, many thanks for your information and I guess I need to think upfront before posting.
7x SUPPORT
Janet S.

Australia

E365 Champion

Posted 5 months ago

[quote=1287238][quote=1287192]I totally agree Michael. Make the TripleClicks auctions more like eBay. Just think of the explosion of customers......the mind boggles.[/quote] But the fact is, for years we pushed out a massive numbers of consumer items, often having 10-20 live auctions going at a time. At the same time, we made numerous marketing aids, etc. available to our affiliates to bring in bidders. We took great losses doing this. Now, with fewer auctions, that better matches the number of bidders we have, Pricebenders revenues have risen substantially...which puts more revenue into the TripleClicks Executive Pool, by far, than when we had many more auctions going. In other words, LESS, more "concentrated" auctions has been better for SFI affiliates than more. Now, is that where we want to be? No, definitely not! But until our marketing arm (that's our affiliates) can bring more customers (bidders) to the table, it's just not feasible for us to have so many auctions going at once. We can't do this at a loss! And don't forget that our competitors have no CV to pay out...which is where the lion's share of the revenue goes (to our affiliates, not us). One more thing: In case the suggestion is actually about having people put their stuff up for auction like E-Bay... We've offered many times to this. No one, so far, has been willing to allow their items to sell for pennies and take huge losses...as WE have to do constantly...and what a penny auction requires. Penny auctions are NOT for the faint of heart! You LOSE and lose big OFTEN. Additionally, relying on people all over the world to actually ship items to winners (especially when they lost money or barely made anything) is asking for trouble.[/quote] WOW ! I wouldn't have believed it unless you said it. But that is truly GOOD news !
Gery posted:
Janet S. posted:
I totally agree Michael. Make the TripleClicks auctions more like eBay. Just think of the explosion of customers......the mind boggles.

But the fact is, for years we pushed out a massive numbers of consumer items, often having 10-20 live auctions going at a time. At the same time, we made numerous marketing aids, etc. available to our affiliates to bring in bidders. We took great losses doing this. Now, with fewer auctions, that better matches the number of bidders we have, Pricebenders revenues have risen substantially...which puts more revenue into the TripleClicks Executive Pool, by far, than when we had many more auctions going.

In other words, LESS, more "concentrated" auctions has been better for SFI affiliates than more. Now, is that where we want to be? No, definitely not! But until our marketing arm (that's our affiliates) can bring more customers (bidders) to the table, it's just not feasible for us to have so many auctions going at once. We can't do this at a loss! And don't forget that our competitors have no CV to pay out...which is where the lion's share of the revenue goes (to our affiliates, not us).

One more thing: In case the suggestion is actually about having people put their stuff up for auction like E-Bay... We've offered many times to this. No one, so far, has been willing to allow their items to sell for pennies and take huge losses...as WE have to do constantly...and what a penny auction requires. Penny auctions are NOT for the faint of heart! You LOSE and lose big OFTEN. Additionally, relying on people all over the world to actually ship items to winners (especially when they lost money or barely made anything) is asking for trouble.

WOW ! I wouldn't have believed it unless you said it. But that is truly GOOD news !
Yulia B.

Ukraine

Silver Fast-Track

Posted 5 months ago

[quote=1287238][quote=1287192]I totally agree Michael. Make the TripleClicks auctions more like eBay. Just think of the explosion of customers......the mind boggles.[/quote] But the fact is, for years we pushed out a massive numbers of consumer items, often having 10-20 live auctions going at a time. At the same time, we made numerous marketing aids, etc. available to our affiliates to bring in bidders. We took great losses doing this. Now, with fewer auctions, that better matches the number of bidders we have, Pricebenders revenues have risen substantially...which puts more revenue into the TripleClicks Executive Pool, by far, than when we had many more auctions going. In other words, LESS, more "concentrated" auctions has been better for SFI affiliates than more. Now, is that where we want to be? No, definitely not! But until our marketing arm (that's our affiliates) can bring more customers (bidders) to the table, it's just not feasible for us to have so many auctions going at once. We can't do this at a loss! And don't forget that our competitors have no CV to pay out...which is where the lion's share of the revenue goes (to our affiliates, not us). One more thing: In case the suggestion is actually about having people put their stuff up for auction like E-Bay... We've offered many times to this. No one, so far, has been willing to allow their items to sell for pennies and take huge losses...as WE have to do constantly...and what a penny auction requires. Penny auctions are NOT for the faint of heart! You LOSE and lose big OFTEN. Additionally, relying on people all over the world to actually ship items to winners (especially when they lost money or barely made anything) is asking for trouble.[/quote] I really don't think we want to be like eBay! But I also understand the original question tho too. There are times that the only items in the auctions are really for SFI affiliates and that would turn customers down. If the first time you come to an auction you find just things that you cannot do anything with, you are likely to not return. I probably wouldn't honestly because first impression is the most important one. Maybe if we have 1 item for SFI affiliates only and 2 or 3 that can appeal to customers at all times. I wouldn't suggest user postings in auctions because yeah it is not easy to take a big hit and expect somebody to pay for shipping to go to the winner. But only TC Direct products that appeal to customers. Doesn't always have to be big items either. Just show customers that there is something there that they might be interested in or at least show them that we have stuff other then SFI affiliate only items each time. I like how the Amazon gift cards are coming up. Maybe we can add TripleClicks gift cards to the auctions as well? Amazon is big and popular but TC gift cards added in can keep people here.
Gery posted:
Janet S. posted:

I really don't think we want to be like eBay! But I also understand the original question tho too. There are times that the only items in the auctions are really for SFI affiliates and that would turn customers down. If the first time you come to an auction you find just things that you cannot do anything with, you are likely to not return. I probably wouldn't honestly because first impression is the most important one.

Maybe if we have 1 item for SFI affiliates only and 2 or 3 that can appeal to customers at all times. I wouldn't suggest user postings in auctions because yeah it is not easy to take a big hit and expect somebody to pay for shipping to go to the winner. But only TC Direct products that appeal to customers. Doesn't always have to be big items either. Just show customers that there is something there that they might be interested in or at least show them that we have stuff other then SFI affiliate only items each time. I like how the Amazon gift cards are coming up. Maybe we can add TripleClicks gift cards to the auctions as well? Amazon is big and popular but TC gift cards added in can keep people here.

Dawn C.

United States

E365 Country Champion

Posted 5 months ago

thanks for you, good information
thanks for you, good information

Posted 5 months ago

The fewer the auctions, the better for profit sharing.
The fewer the auctions, the better for profit sharing.
7x SUPPORT
Adesegun A.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

| Edit settings