Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Richard M.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

22 posts

Dates &Time Zones in Miscellaneous #Leadership #Team Building

5 days ago

Nimo,

this is the easiest - no math involved - just hover your mouse over the area of interest to get the current time.

www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

Richard.

41 posts

Why have I lost my upline co-sponsor in Ask Gery #Leadership

8 days ago

Al,

recheck your "My Upline" page, you should have 2-3 co-sponsors listed there, and Joanne should be your first co-sponsor.

If not, as Joanne suggested, and support ticket is your solution.

Richard

4 posts

SFI visit card with QR code. in Marketing #Marketing #PSA #Team Building

8 days ago

In the USA we have a service called Vista Print that allows you to make custom business cards.

You could look to see if anyone in your country provides such a service and then find a online resource to generate the QR code image, and maybe find some Marketing Aide to in the Affiliate Resource Center for the front side of the card.

Richard

13 posts

Which is better with The New Comp, Opti-Build at 50% or 100%? in Miscellaneous #Marketing #PSA #Team Building

12 days ago

Tommie,

first of all, this is an excellent question!

Second, I think the answer is - it DEPENDS!

Here is my take; if your down-line consists of less than three (3) very active PSAs, then I would say you should stay at 50%. You are still building your own 1st Generation!!!

I would go further, even if you h ave three very active PSAs, there is no guarantee that one of them will not have a sudden change of heart and quits or has emergency and drops off the radar for several months. So we should build 1st Gen by staying on 50% until we have a 4th active PSA.

Once your 1st Gen is vibrant with minimum of 3-4 PSAs, then we should switch to 100% for some time to help them build their teams both wide and deep.

Of course, the DEPENDS is a double-edged sword... if you have say one or two REALLY good PSAs, you may switch to 100% for a month to six months and help them build out their teams until they have one active PSA each, then switch back to 50% until you build your own Gen1 to optimal levels.

This is just my humble opinion.

Richard

22 posts

How to create a Residual Income, in SFI? in Getting Started #Compensation #Getting Started

12 days ago

Jelena,

I would say based on his secondary, more details given question, you have the best and most detailed answer.

Thank you!!!

Richard

32 posts

failed to Qualification for EA for 12 months in Getting Started #E365 #Getting Started

25 days ago

One additional factor to keep in mind, besides the one year of no logging in, there is also a different login absence limit of 45 days where you lose all your down-line affiliates. If this happens, you are gone for 45 days and then come back, you will have no team. They will have rolled up to your sponsor.

AT that point, you will need to talk to your sponsor and see if s/he will reassign those affiliates back to you.

For that matter, if you are struggling to achieve EA, you might contact your upline an see if any of them can help you a little to get to EA and stay at EA until you can achieve it on your own.

If they see that you are trying hard every month, they may help you enough to get there and then assign an active PSA and/or active CSAs to you so you can earn commissions.

Just some additional thoughts.

Richard

32 posts

failed to Qualification for EA for 12 months in Getting Started #E365 #Getting Started

25 days ago

No, as long as you are active and logging in, and doing what you can to get close to EA, you will will remain a valuable asset to SFI and to your down line team.

Make sure you continue to log in as much as possible and earn all the free VP you can, but most of all, try to build your CSA and PSA team as much as possible, and save your money in the mean time. The first month that you have a very active PSA that earns VP and achieves EA, you will also want to expend your funds and achieve at least EA.

While trying to build your team, also check for any means of earning Rewardicals, save these for the days ahead when you finally get an active CSA/PSA, you can use the Rewardicals to buy eough VP each day to have at least 20VP and get two bonus entries in the Daily Grans sweepstakes, where you can win more Rewardicals.

Also, if you have a personal website or blog, go to the marketing center and find one banner ad you really like and that you can sell the product of in person, say TCredits to play Eager Zebra games, and put it on your blog/website, that is free advertising, you never know who might see this.

Also, I put a text only ad into my email signature, this way I get exposure that way,

Keep it up.

Richard

26 posts

Assumption Power in Team Building #Leadership #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Gliceria,

Sangoh is not totally off base. I agree with him on having hope that inactive affiliates are still receiving our EMAIL(s) if they just abandoned their account instead of opting out.

This would mean our Genealogy mailers will still reach them.
... content snipped for brevity ...
Richard.

Hey Thanks Richard and my the other post explain in detail
www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=121911

Have a great day.

Sangoh,

thank you for your other post! A detailed explanation always helps

Richard

26 posts

about 1 month ago

Funny you would mention re-joining, I didn't re-join, but I joined three network marketing systems more or less in the same two weeks, trying all three, including SFI, and after about 3-4 weeks of trying to work the other two with too much of a learning curve for a beginner in network marketing, I decided to stick it out with SFI and opt out of the other two.

So, yes, SFI has a draw because of the good training that is FREE by the way, and also for the continued innovation of new tangential systems and reinvigorating existing systems with updates and/or changes.

SFI, and we really need to say, the ZING network, has amaZING ways to have fun, if one isn't into making a second income, but also super duper amaZING ways to earn an income... one just need to apply their talent and learn how all of the system work. That's all you have to do. really!!!

Richard

26 posts

about 1 month ago

Gliceria,

Sangoh is not totally off base. I agree with him on having hope that inactive affilates are still receiving our EMAIL(s) if they just abandoned their account instead of opting out.

It is in those communications we must be positive and encouraging, and address/target all possible affiliates, active or not, with success and positive results, with concrete examples of what we did to achieve our results/success so they can see the little steps we take forward build our future.

So, assuming they are active without logging in may have been just semantics of the translator making a literal translation, and as such that is truly a useless effort, however, assuming they are getting/receiving our email(s) is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do, and we must keep this in mind when emailing our entire down-line!

Just my humble opinion.

Success to us all and may we all live long and prosper.

Richard.

Richard,
Thank you for your comment. Did I say that Sangoh's post is off base?
You wrote,".. assuming they are getting/receiving our email(s) is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do, and we must keep this in mind when emailing our entire down-line!"

As responsible sponsors, it is ABSOLUTELY the right thing for us to do, I ABSOLUTELY agree!
My beef is his saying that Assumption is a Power of Fulfillment. What power?

Please help me understand that, Richard, for I am totally lost and can't see the sense of "assuming" that will lead to succeeding in SFI. If we all do that, assume that our emails, team mails, etc. will be read by our active and inactive members and not do much in the way of leading by example (you know what I mean), what do you assume will happen when we know that majority don't even log in regularly to even do their Daily To-Do tasks?

I think sometimes we get hung up on semantics - I grew up in Germany with German as my primary language, and as such, when I read and interpret English written material, I will read it and absorb it as literal meaning... however, after moving to the USA in 1985, I have learned that English is one of those languages that can be meant and/or read too literally... and if you throw in an impersonal electronic translator, it makes things worse.

I think this is one of those situations were some of us may have READ way too much into the meaning of the exact words that were posted. It is hard, even after 33 years of immersion in the American English language, to not take things too literal.

With that said, sometimes one has to open the thesaurus and substitute a word to get the real meaning of what someone wants to say. Or sometimes we may even need to add some words to get the meaning of what someone said.

I think what he said was meant to read something like "there is Power in MY belief/faith/hope/speculation that by communicating with my inactive down-line, that maybe someone may read one of my emails and that is may spark an interest in coming back..." - or something like that.

However, I agree with you that one cannot place absolute power in assumption that it will end with some positive result!

So, I think we can learn not to take wording too literal, and maybe rewrite someone's statement in context to maybe get the gist of the meaning of what someone is trying to say...

Just my humble opinion. LOL

Richard

27 posts

How do we motivate our sponsor and co-sponsor in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor

about 1 month ago

Stephen,

I found that pushing to communicate sometimes also turns affiliates away.

As mentioned above, your personal forum you can create once to attain and maintain TL rank is one way.

I personally use SFI Chat and Team Mail mostly to communicate with my team. I also use eMail and the Stream somewhat, but I find the Chat feature the best since I can send the chat messages and they sit there until the person logs in, and then they get a notification that there is a chat from me.

There is nothing wrong with creating your own communications offering using Facebook, or Zello, or something, but keep in mind that for voice meets, you will probably get little response due to language barriers... that is my experience.

I suspect that language barrier or social/cultural communications barrier may be why you are not hearing something from your up-line.

I SFI-Chat with my sponsor quite a bit, but the rest of my up-line is pretty quiet. I get mostly stream messages if I get anything, so it is nothing unusual.

YES, start offering a means to communicate to your down-line. If you have active affiliates, make sure they know you are there to help, but don't push meeting upon them, they may hate meetings at their regular job and may go away. I do (hate meetings).

Richard

7 posts

Are there antidotes? in Getting Started #Getting Started #PSA #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Nkechi,

if someone doesn't understand how to work SFI after 6 months, they either are struggling with a language barrier, or they are unwilling to be a reader to become a leader.

The latter is difficult to solve, because if someone cannot motivate themselves to learn and do, there isn't much you can do.

However, if there is a language barrier, then maybe you can find someone on your team from the same country to assign them to, or send them to their country forum, and have them ask questions there to help them clarify. Also, make sure they are aware that each page has a translate option on the bottom of each page.

Hope this helps.

Richard

185 posts

Which is more profitable–building your team wide or deep? in Team Building #Compensation

about 1 month ago

I have some final thoughts after reading this entire thread!

Gery states that Reader are Leaders.

When an awesome thread like this one comes along, a good team leader (TL) should be reading the entire thread because one can glean a lot of good information from other TLs.

This thread proves there are more ways than we can count on how to run your SFI business. Support and other TLs have provided us with so many tools and so much education and different ways to achieve the same goal - a secondary or primary income stream.

Regardless how we go about it, if your team (down-line) becomes dedicated, it then also becomes successful, and it should be productive and profitable as well.

The lesson we learned here on this thread is to open your mind to all the possibilities, and to choose the path that makes sense to you, and if it doesn't work, go back, re-read what you THINK you have learned and try a different way.

This is how you get better at everything you do - read/learn - implement - evaluate and then the endless cycle of read/learn - refine/replace - evaluate.

Richard

185 posts

Which is more profitable–building your team wide or deep? in Team Building #Compensation

about 1 month ago

All one really needs to do is look at the Benefits Chart and at the Compensation Plan to determine which one we should work on.

It all depends on your situation. What TL rank are you?

Working on depth vs width is different if you are a EA or BTL, vs. if you are GTL!

So, I am with Leon and you Olivera, building depth when your team is skinny is probably the best short term benefit, but once you have a decent skinny team that frees up time, then you go wide!

Richard.

185 posts

about 1 month ago

However, when one has limited finances, sometimes it makes sense to build the depth more aggressively to get a small revenue stream flowing. This can then be used to finance your width.

And I am not at all worried if a TL that has more TLs below them quits, because their 1st level TLs are now my 1st level TLs - I think this is where SFI is superior, since the down-line TLs roll up until they reach a competent and/or active TL.

Ultimately, width vs. depth required the answer to begin with IT DEPENDS!!!

Everyone's situation and status is different, and warrants a different approach!

Richard

185 posts

about 1 month ago

Teresa,

I agree, and by building out your 2nd through 4th layers, you are guaranteeing width - eventually a 1st level will languish or quit, and if that TL had 2-3 good PSAs, they are now your on your 1st level... if you already built out their 3 levels, you are already set and can concentrate of their 4th and on...

I think your approach is probably similar to the one I will be taking when I have more than one active PSA.

Success to us all and may we live long and prosper.

Richard

185 posts

about 1 month ago

Mirjana,

as I mentioned in my previous post, I agree with you.

Decent to good PSAs eventually leave anyway. A family or health situation forces them to stop working in SFI, or they do land a really good job that now pays more than they make from SFI, so they slow down and eventually neglect SFI...

This has happened to me and some of my down-line since I have been back.

The PSAs that languish or quit pass their down-line to us... we should be actively building our down-line leader like you do, probably at least 6 levels deep. When a 6th level TL becomes our 5th level TL, then we should start making contact and start building out their down-line if it is still small.

Opti-Build can help with this, as can direct PSA assignments.

I only have one active PSA at this time, so my Opti-Build it set for 50%, but when I get to three active PSAs, I will set it to 100% until I have 6 levels of active TL. After that I will reduce to 50% again and start building width.Once I have a constant of five to six 1st level TLs that do the same I will leave my Opti-build on 100% because after that by attrition my width should auto-widen.

Richard

185 posts

about 1 month ago

I totally agree with everything except I wouldn't stop at 5 to 10 Leaders and then focus 100% on depth. QUALITY is always preferred (at any level), but why would I ever stop expanding my base? I would divide my time according to need, but I would always give to to recruiting new PSA's too.

William,

would your width not eventually widen due to some of your current 1st level PSAs having other priorities and leaving SFI... if they then at their time of quitting have say 3 very active, very good PSAs, those three PSAs roll up to you, and your base just widened by 2...

I myself have had to take a break from SFI, and under the current rules, if gone for long enough, my PSAs would roll up to my sponsor.

So, I would have to agree with Leon, once I have even just three active PSAs I would start building depth first, and once I have 6 levels, I would start focusing on width again.

Just my humble opinion.

Richard

26 posts

2 months ago

Gliceria,

Sangoh is not totally off base. I agree with him on having hope that inactive affilates are still receiving our EMAIL(s) if they just abandoned their account instead of opting out.

It is in those communications we must be positive and encouraging, and address/target all possible affiliates, active or not, with success and positive results, with concrete examples of what we did to achieve our results/success so they can see the little steps we take forward build our future.

So, assuming they are active without logging in may have been just semantics of the translator making a literal translation, and as such that is truly a useless effort, however, assuming they are getting/receiving our email(s) is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do, and we must keep this in mind when emailing our entire down-line!

Just my humble opinion.

Richard.

15 posts

How to get new affiliates started without confusing them? in Getting Started #Getting Started

2 months ago

Darlene,

you are doing fine, and just like the three TL's above stated, we are doing the same thing.

Just have patience, the ones that are willing to be readers will become leaders, eventually, provided they themselves have patience to stick it out.

Once you have an EA or higher under you, then worry about spending more time working with them... the ones that don't want to read and get ahead usually flounder soon anyway, no matter how much to try to help them.

I find those are the ones that understand there is no get-rick-quick scheme, but they still think they can get away with not learning, and do little if any work, and make money... they believe in pyramid schemes... they still think there is some sort of totally free lunch. They will search forever for their golden goose.

Don't worry too much about them... keep promoting SFI and eventually you get a good PSA.

Richard

25 posts

Builder Bundle needs Updating in Suggestion Box #Rewardical #TripleClicks

2 months ago

After typing my previous response, I bet what happened here is that before the Rewardicals system came out we already had the Builder Bundle, and I bet we were getting 56MRP for this purchase. Does this strike a memory with anyone?

Richard

25 posts

Builder Bundle needs Updating in Suggestion Box #Rewardical #TripleClicks

2 months ago

If one reads the full description, top to bottom, it does state you get 350RT if you purchase it OR if it is on Auto Delivery. I agree with Janet, something doesn't jive here.

Janet, I think you should file a support request to have this looked at.

Either the description has to be re-written or the RT reward updated...

If I had the funds I would buy a package out-right and then add one to auto-delivery for next month, but I don't have $120 to spare right now.

14 posts

Daily Crown - NO free entry from Brain Sprint !!! in Eager Zebra #Compensation #Eager Zebra

2 months ago

Patricia,

you are absolutely correct, I didn't fully read the game description, and as such was oblivious to the the BETA fact.

I am crazy busy (both personally and professionally) and only glanced over the news announcement and wanted to test drive the game, at which point I noticed my EZ Game Tab didn't turn green.

When one only has 15-20 minutes to complete multiple tasks, one can get sloppy and overlook facts. Lately, I am pressed for time, and didn't look into it much further but wanted to take a couple minutes to report it.

The fact still remains that the instructions "how to get the Daily Crown" entry is written in an absolute, it uses the word ANY, and as such I misinterpreted the facts because my reading and learning was impeded by time.

Thank you for reminding me that leaders must read their material completely before jumping to conclusions.

Richard

14 posts

Daily Crown - NO free entry from Brain Sprint !!! in Eager Zebra #Compensation #Eager Zebra

2 months ago

Thank you all for commenting.

My problem is not with the game or with the BETA testing.

My problem is that the statement to play ANY game could be misinterpreted to mean that it includes ANY game, including BETA!

A simple inclusion in the LaunchPad and Daily Crown pages would clarify this:

The instructions are written in an absolute, either a slight reworking or the above inclusion would prevent that from being misinterpreted.

Richard