SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

SUPPORT
Richard M.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

13 posts

Is there a loophole in Team Building #VersaPoints

4 hours ago

I don't expect him to, but by chance he does see it I would like his take.

BTW, you signed off as Soonerflash, are you originally from Oklahoma?

I am not a Sooner native, but been living in OK for two decades, in Altus from 1987-1997, and OKC Metro area from
late 1998 onward...

Richard

22 posts

Is there a SECRET AGENDA here ? in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions

1 day ago

Gery,

I think what Sanjeev was trying to convey was that it's a hidden high bid, so no one knows how high to bid... some also call this a silent bidding... very common in real estate foreclosure auctions.

Richard

5 posts

I am sure you all have been sending out Christmas Cards in Team Building #Sales #Team Building #TripleClicks

1 day ago

Aye Captain!

Good resource, I didn't know about this one.

I will review, and look at our flyers, I may invest into this once and see what my ROI is.

Richard

11 posts

How to find a particular member in the Genealogy? in Miscellaneous

1 day ago

Or you can use Randy's example, and add the"VP Earned this month" filter and only get the affiliates that have generated VP for the month, that will reduce the amount of affiliates you have to scroll through.

Richard

10 posts

The Most Profitable Method Sell TCredits for RW and VP! in Compensation #Rewardical #TCredits #VersaPoints

1 day ago

I agree, Astro Auctions are very good for affiliates that can figure out how to spend one TCredit a day.

To just participate and not worry about making EA, you can get up to 280-310 VP per month (10 VP a day) from turning all the free-to-turn-green tabs green daily. But who wants to stay at the basic affiliate rank?

To earn some commissions, you need to be at least EA!

So you need about 1200 VP more per month to make EA. if we buy one single TCredit every 2nd day of the month (i.e. 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.) ten times, we earn 1020 VP at a cost of $19.90.

If we use those 10 TCredits to enter one Astro Auction on the same day we buy the TCredit, we have the potential to win at least 10VP one times out of three or four (in my experience).

By the time we achieve the above, in many cases we are at around 1300-1400VP. We may have now enough Rewardicals to redeem for VP to make up the difference.

There are many variations to this strategy... too many to write up in this thread... however, if you look at the VP Ledger or the To-Do list, you have 90% of the statistical information you need to make this happen. If you combine that information with the Scoreboard tab, you can form your own strategy.

So, yes, Astro Auctions can be a BIG help in achieving EA every month, and also contribute to getting you to BTL if you generate some sales VP from purchases or PRMs & EAs+ below you generating sales.

Richard
So, if you are trying to achieve EA on a low budget, you will need up to 62 TCredits a month (two TCredits per day, one for AA and one for EZ Game) to turn all of your tabs green daily.

This means you need to buy at least a 50 TCredit pack a month - that costs $19.09 if you put it on auto-delivery

13 posts

Is there a loophole in Team Building #VersaPoints

1 day ago

As for repeatedly making EA without generating commissions from TCredit purchases, the only way I could see that happening is if they get massive amounts of Rewardicals from somewhere and turn those into TCredits and then using up 2 TCredits a day to complete their daily tabs, but that will only generate about 300-400 VP, so they would have to redeem Rewardicals into VP directly for the rest.

I have to admit, I have won as much as 100 VP on some Astro Auctions, but that isn't consistent. Speaking of VP earned from Astro Auctions, those VP do NOT show up in the VP Ledger that I can tell, or on the To-Do tab the way VP earned from the penny auctions used to show.

I think at least the VP Ledger should show WON VP, maybe as the cumulative monthly item. Gery, what say you?

Richard

30 posts

"Should I stay or should I go"? in Team Building

4 days ago

Andja,

I was in a similar position to you some time ago, and I decided to stay EA, because I had no active CSAs or PSAs. That was my main reason why I remained EA.

If I had active affiliates under me, I would be showing the way by being TL every month, with the caveat that I know I can maintain BTL at least.

Even now I have times where I make BTL just barely by a few VP, but other months I lack a BTL under me to make STL.

Essentially, it is 100% up to you to decide what to do, but if you have active affiliates, then really the only thing to do is maintain BTL as much as possible, but do not be afraid to drop back to EA, it will not hurt you very much other than not receiving second home CSAs.

As long as you maintain logging in daily (if possible), and at least once every 45 days, you will retain all your affiliates assigned under you. If this situation describes you then I would strive to maintain EA, and become very good at it, so good you can almost do it in your sleep, because then going to BTL is pretty easy.

Learn to take advantage of Rewardicals, Daily T-Time, Daily Grand, etc to earn as many Rewardicals and T-Credits as you can, and then learn to put those to use to earn more of them. As you learn to maximize your return on your efforts, and you learn how to do it easily, then maintaining EA and BTL becomes second nature.

Hope this inspires you to make your decision.

Richard.

30 posts

Addressing the injustice of Denial of DD Status in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

10 days ago

As I mentioned in the previous post - adopt the same participation logic used in Team Overrides.

If you are high enough rank to be included in the Team Override system, then you get the benefits, if your rank isn't high enough, you don't.

The same should hold true for Opti-Build / DD program... as long as you are opted-in, then you should be included into the program, regardless if your sponsor decides to participate or not... if they don't participate, they are 100% ignored in the system... just like in the Team Overrides.

Can we apply this K.I.S.S. principle in all of the affiliate programs?

Richard

30 posts

Addressing the injustice of Denial of DD Status in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

10 days ago

Gery,

may I suggest some ideas about the DD and Opti-Build system.

In the 12 levels of Team Oversides, anyone that doesn't qualify within the TO system is bypassed... so I may have a 12th TO from as much as 24 levels deep...

Can we not implement something similar for the Opti-Build and DD system?

Maybe if a TL isn't opted in to the Opti-Build system, then they only get 45% DC from what would be their 5 DDs, and the rest they get a fraction of DC, and they don't get ANY Team Overrides unless opted in, the same as they don't get any spill-over either?

Or, if they are not opted in to Opti-Build and DD program, but their 1st level IS opted in, then the first 5 on their first level get DD because someone in their up-line is opted-in?

Why should down-line members be punished for something their up-line decides not to participate in, if it is a corporately encouraged program?

Just by-pass them like Team Override non-participants are by-passed!!!

The programmatic logic has already been established for TOs, so why not for DDs?

Richard

7 posts

Altcoin in Suggestion Box #Compensation #Rewardical

18 days ago

I totally agree with you, Phill.

People that are scared, or making the headlines with crypto, are the ones that are trying to manipulate the financial markets in the current FIAT traditional ways by long and short selling crypto coin like a commodity.

There is a major non-understanding of crypto currency and blockchain technology among the general populace for sure.

I also agree with you that we need an option other than Bitcoin. I believe if Coinbase is handling a particular crypto currency, then it is high enough volume and high enough exposure to warrant adding to the Rewardical redemption portal.

Richard

19 posts

Top Affiliate Marketers Common Traits in Marketing #Marketing

23 days ago

I wholeheartedly agree on those of us holding down a job, with bills to pay and on a tight budget (me, myself, I, and my family) I can bring motivation, knowledge and faith in myself and SFI to the table, where I struggle is time and money.

However, time invested here CAN lead to betterment in the money arena, which hopefully then leads to betterment on the time side as well (I have to volunteer for less overtime at my job).

I am a pragmatist and know that I can do some of the SFI tasks and requirements during lunch breaks, and while watching TV news in the evening, etc., but I also know sometimes I have to give up a little of the precious personal time I eek out for myself in between job and family responsibilities to make this work.

I hope this discussion will prove to be valuable to affiliates struggling with the same/similar issues and concerns. I want to show that as a team leader I am willing to give up some things to be there for my down-line, and my fellow affiliates here on the forum.

Richard

19 posts

23 days ago

Cheryl,

I agree with you as well, many people can't see where they are due to feelings of fear, inadequacy, lack of knowledge or faith or willingness to take risk... some days this includes myself, some days I have no fear, I take the risks and I know what I am getting myself into.

One must take each day as it comes, and just try to do the best one can with what the universe hands you that day.

Richard.

19 posts

24 days ago

Randy,

I would have to agree about the mental part. We all have more or less the same abilities - we all have two hands, two feet - and two brain lobes that should more or less function the same from a biological computing standpoint...

Same thing with tools, a hammer is a hammer, a car is a car, it doesn't matter who operates it, and it has three operational states

1. it just sits there without someone using it
  2. it gets used as a means to do something trivial (put in a nail for a picture on the wall, get to work)
  3. it get used and worn out because you build something with it (house construction, flower delivery business)

It is all about learning to use the tools around us, and figuring out how to best use those tools to benefit ourselves and possible those around us.

Having said this, I fall somewhere into the space between #2 and #3... I have learned how to use the tools, but I am still learning to apply them to their fullest potential.

I would say if, there is a sub-scale, I would be at 2.2 or 2.3 of my journey.

Richard

13 posts

I am really Inspired! in Getting Started #Getting Started #Marketing #VersaPoints

24 days ago

Kenneth,

welcome to SFI and to the forum... glad to have you aboard, and feel free to ask questions... there are many of us to answer and give a plethora of answers and different points of view to help you and everyone else along.

Richard

22 posts

Bitcoin A Bit Scary in Miscellaneous

27 days ago

I am investing small amounts on the way down. $10 here, $25 there, as I can afford it.

When it goes back up, I can spend the same amounts of Fiat equivalents and have fractions of crypto left after the fact... those remnants go into long term hold.

I try to spend after the spread is at least $1000 to make it worth my while.

Richard

11 posts

Leadership Challenge in Miscellaneous

29 days ago

As Snezana mentioned above, it's been discontinued.

I can't find the thread right now, but I believe I dimly recall seeing Gery Carson mentioned somewhere on the fora that something is in the works to give leaders a new challenge... I will look for the mention... while I try to find it, if someone else recalls it, please post the link to the thread.

Richard

17 posts

HIDDEN Clues about to expire in Suggestion Box #Compensation #Eager Zebra

about 1 month ago

Oh, I forgot to say, on the entried above where I state 1 clue & correct guess this means the free clue displayed and the one free letter displayed on the next new word was enough for me to know the word.

Let that sink in a little.

Now look at the chart above again.

I have a very analytical mind. I am an IT guy that does a lot of troubleshooting, so I have learned to see patterns and structures, and that is what language is, patterns and structures we use every day to communicate.

I realize many affiliates here are from parts of the world where English is a tought only language and they have not much experience reading it, much less writing or speaking the language.

Since English is still the international business language of choice at this time, SFI is your opportunity to learn more about English every day.

Hidden in my opinion is a great game to learn spelling of words and also to learn how words relate to each other. For example, I had one word that took me a while to figure out, because the clues appeared to be disconnected - i.e. blue, round, wet, floating, water, pool = swimming - it wasn't those words but something like it. It took me getting 4 or 5 more letters to guess the word.

Anyway, all these words are related but without the word to guess didn't seem to be connected... having grown up German even I struggle with word association at times. Just keep trying.

Richard

17 posts

about 1 month ago

For anyone that is curious about my long games, here is one from today... I am not posting details beyond how many guesses it took me for each guess:

Hidden Game

30 - Clues to Start
28 - 2 clues to solve
27 - 1 clue & Correct guess
37 - Prompted to claim 10 AA clues
47 - Prompted to buy 10 clues via 1 TCredit
46 - 1 clue to solve
45 - 1 clue & Correct guess
44 - 1 clue & Correct guess
40 - 4 clues to solve
39 - 1 clue & Correct guess
36 - 3 clues to solve
35 - 1 clue & Correct guess
38 - won 3 Clues
35 - 3 clues to solve
34 - 1 clue & Correct guess
37 - won 3 Clues
36 - 1 clue to solve
35 - 1 clue & Correct guess
34 - 1 clue & Correct guess
33 - 1 clue & Correct guess
31 - 2 clues to solve
30 - 1 clue & Correct guess
28 - 2 clues to solve
27 - 1 clue & Correct guess
26 - 1 clue & Correct guess
19 - 7 clues to solve
18 - 1 clue & Correct guess
17 - 1 clue to solve
18 - 1 clue & Correct guess
15 - 3 clues to solve
14 - 1 clue & Correct guess
11 - 3 clues to solve
10 - 1 clue & Correct guess
09 - 1 clue & Correct guess
12 - won 3 Clues
07 - 5 clues to solve
06 - 1 clue & Correct guess
00 - 6 clues & Correct guess & end of game

I hope this is entertaining and encouraging to anyone playing this game.

One thing I didn't say when I replied to Jan above, is the fact that English isn't even my first language. I was born in Germany and grew up in a German-American hybrid household where I was primarily exposed to German until I was about 10ish I think.

At this point my real bi-lingual life started. Even though I had English lessons in the German school I attended, it was about 3rd or 4th grade when I increasing was exposed to English.

By age 18 I still spoke mostly German, but I could hold short conversations in English if I had to. At this stage in my life I joined the United States Air Force and English became my primary language. I lost 97% of my German accent by age 36, but I can still read, speak and write German (Deutsch).

Ja, ich kann noch Deutsch Schreiben = Yes, I can still write in German.

Anyway, just because English isn't your native/first language or mother tongue doesn't mean you cannot be good at word games in a secondary language.

Hope to inspire eveyone reading this to try hard to play EZ Games requiring word knowledge.

Richard

17 posts

about 1 month ago

Jan,

I average between 30 and 46 clues used per game. I not only use 10 AA won clues per game, but I also buy 10 more with 1 TCredit on the first game of the day to turn my EZ tab green.

I also win clues solving some of the words, usually this happens twice, maybe three times per game.

I had one game where I got 70% of the words on 1 or 2 clues! That game rocked!!!

Anyway, I play HIDDEN every day, but I still play BrainSprint a few times a week.

Cheers. Richard

119 posts

Team Leader rank qualifications simplified in SFI News #Compensation #Leadership

about 1 month ago

Agreed. I am at the stage in this business where I don't NEED the 10 VP from rating my sponsor!

With this said, I LIKE rating my sponsor. We already communicate well, and a LOT, mostly via SFI Chat and secondly via the fora, but it is still nice for me to rate him, and for him to know how I feel about him.

Lastly the 10 FREE VP from performing the rating task is nice for those just starting out... as a basic or EA affiliate it gets one off to a nice start in the first few days of the month to get 20 VP for maximum DG Entries on one of the first 5 days of the month!

I think we have a win-win-win situation now.

Thank you Gery for always improving SFI.

Richard

17 posts

about 1 month ago

While I agree with you that it would take a little processing time, the information is stored in a database, and every time we choose to use 10 FREE clues, it has to update the database already.

I think it would only take a few extra lines of code to grab the expiry date of the next available/usable clues and if that date matches today to add another line to the results page of the last game played...

In my case the only way I think I would ever see the message that I have clues expiring today is if I get really busy and can only play one game a day, and I have had a LOT of auctions I won 7 days prior and I got more clues than I could use.

However, for someone that doesn't play hidden as often but is very active on Astro Auctions, this might clue them into the fact they can play another extended game of HIDDEN with won clues.

Richard

17 posts

about 1 month ago

While playing HIDDEN it occurred to me that would be nice to have a message pop up after you finish a game round that states something like:

This would entice me to play again also clue me in (pun intended) to how many clues I earn that expire soon.

Richard

33 posts

Am I doing something wrong? in Compensation #Compensation #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Ronick,

I have 175 1st level PSAs and 226 2nd Level PSAs (under one active PSA) and 927 CSAs (about 8 of them active)... I have acquired most of these affiliates over the last two years as I had a break in SFI participation in 2015/2016... I make a small commission monthly since my one active PSA can only make BTL every so many months... some months he struggles to make EA... so even though I have more affiliates than you I still only have small CV... hang in there... as mentioned above, try recruiting yourself (something I am working on).

Richard

15 posts

Bitcoin Address in Miscellaneous #Rewardical

about 1 month ago

Ken,

Stephen asked about OFFLINE storage. See my post above.

As for support for a ton different crypto, I use Jaxx and Coinomi... Jaxx because I can have the same wallets on my mobile device as well as my PC or MAC (I think)... some of the more obscure coin are supported by Coinomi... both of these wallets will work on a WiFi only device like a tablet or iPad, or even a phone without a SIM card to keep them off the mobile networks.

Richard