Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

12x SUPPORT
Bruce H.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

4 posts

Did You Forget To Confirm Your Appointment??? in Marketing #Marketing #Team Building

8 days ago

Did You Forget To Confirm Your Appointment?

One of the most important things you need to do before going on your set appointment. You need to confirm your
appointment. In this day and age this is imperative. I hate to tell you this, but it's better than find out the hard way.
Many prospects that you set up appointments with, no matter what form of communication you used in setting the
appointment , still glibly make appointments to marketers with no intention of keeping them. They won't be there
when you make your call. So knowing this, doesn't it make sense to confirm all appointments. Save yourself time, gas, shoe leather, and aggravation.

By your prospects not being there when you call, indicates that they are discourteous, of couse, but aren't a good
many people discourteous and unreliable? That is why a confirmation call is necessary. Merely call a few hours before
your appointment time and say, This is the day you said you would see me and the time is 10:30, is it not? I'm looking
forward to seeing you then. I have something Brand New to share with you.
(Always add something like my last sentence, something that indicates it will be to his advantage to keep the appointment and see you. This is always important. (Be creative with that last sentence to make your prospect
anxious to meet with you.) Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

2 posts

Make Odd-Hour Appointments-They & You Remember Better. in Getting Started #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

8 days ago

The Art of Setting Appointments Is Very Important, It Beats Just Dropping By, Testing Your Luck That Your Prospects Will
Be There. Do You Agree?

Whenever possible, I certainly believe you should make your appointments via the telephone. It dignifies you, and your
proposition, while it also conditions your prospects. You might be asking, there you go again, what is the best way, or
ways, to get appointments to enroll new members, or businesses to market your SFI products/services?

Regard getting an appointment as a selling job. You do have a sale to make. You need to sell your prospect on the idea
of seeing you. There ate two main points to keep in mind. The first is to set a definite time. The second is to pin your
prospect down to that time. The best way I have found, is to give your prospect a choice of two times, likewise.
Would 9:30 tomorrow morning be all right, or would you prefer two o'clock tomorrow afternoon. Some marketers have
have found that odd-hour appointments, 11:13 tomorrow, are easier for them to make, suppose we make it nine minutes
after ten on Thursday morning.

This novelty of setting odd-hour appointments seems to be easier to make. It also infers that if you are careful of your
time as to ration it in minutes, you will be as careful with his precious time. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

7 posts

Let's Team-Up Against Procrastination!!! in Getting Started #Getting Started #Team Building

9 days ago

Let's Team-Up Against Procrastination - Schucks, Let's Finish this some other time. (Do you say this much?) If you do,
You Could Miss The SFI Express.

I'm sure many affiliates suffer from the affiliate's worst enemy, Procrastination. I know, on occasion I'm guilty, how about
you? Procrastinators like to put things off, with good attentions, with the thought of doing them later, seldom getting
back to do, or finish them, Bruce, you might ask, how can we overcome this time-consuming practice? This is a good point. Many affiliates have literally hurt, or slowed up their careers by not being able to overcome procrastination.

Oh Yes, tere are ways to kick this enemy to the curb. One is to complete things you start, all of it now, not later. If
someting in your marketing business, household, or church needs doing, do it. Don't contemplate it, think about it,
or plan to go about doing it later. Just do it, now, not later. O.K. ? Bless you and yours. Bye for now, today, not
tomorrow.haha.
Bruce Harper

4 posts

Develop A Self-Importance - Just Sort Of Arrogance!!! in Marketing #Marketing

9 days ago

James M - As you state, listening is paramount. The Lord gave us 2 ears and 1- mouth, for a good reason. Bless you
and yours, Bye for now,
Bruce Harper

4 posts

Develop A Self-Importance - Just Sort Of Arrogance!!! in Marketing #Marketing

9 days ago

Develop A Self-Importance. Just Short Of Arrogance.

The most important thing about getting in to see your prospect at a business or residence, it's your attitude. Its that
attitude of a professional that assists you in getting to present your prospects. If you call on a prospect with the feeling
that you aren't going to get in, you are exactly right.

However, if you develop a deep sense of self-importance, which stops just short ofyou have arrogance, the chances deeply
improve that you will get in to present and close that new team member or business prospect. You are probably
asking, Bruce, just how will I develop that attitude? Glad you are asking questions again. (haha.)

I, truly believe that the way to develop a super attitude, depends on the self-talk (hype) you give yourself, when you
are alone, really how you personally regard yourself in relationship to your world, whether you have enough knowledge
to give you self-confidence, whether you have enough success to make you feel successful. An affiliate with sufficient
knowledge of her/his business, marketing skills, automatically adopts that attitude of importance that truly makes her/
him nearly impossible to resist. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

24 posts

The Post I Did Not Post on 8/1/18 - To Glicy P. in Miscellaneous

9 days ago

Glicy - Just saw your rendition of my poem to you, sorry, I don't like it, (haha), I Luv it. & U 2 ! Keep scrolling down,
just saw where Mizanur R used a cursive touch and framed your poem, wasn't that quite thoughtful of him. Bless you.
Bye for now. B.H.

24 posts

The Post I Did Not Post on 8/1/18 - To Glicy P. in Miscellaneous

9 days ago

Mizanur R - Just saw your very beautiful framing and cursive touch, Hope Glicy sees also, Thank you so much. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.
Bruce Harper

5 posts

How Many Seconds Is It Taking You???? in Marketing #Marketing

10 days ago

How Many Seconds Is It Taking You????
It sure doesn't take long for this Approach Step. I'm assuming it doesn't take long for the approach step to your prospects, Right? This approach should take a very short time, however it is an important action. In just a few seconds you can feel
if you are going to make an enrollment, or market your SFI goods or services to your prospect, and on the other side of the
coin your prospect, in most cases, will make, or not make a decision to do business with you. So, knowing this upfront,

it behooves you to always try to make a favorable approach. Let me outline the principles of the approach once again.
Make sure your over-all appearance is good. Are you wearing the right attitude today of that professional marketer?
Make sure your smile is genuine. Knock on the door like you mean it. Some bells don't work, but like you, your knuuckles
don't take a day off. haha, If no one answers afer a few raps. go around house and you may find another door to knock
on, prospects may be in basement orin rear portion of house, or in back yard.

If you had an appoimtment previously set, and they are there, introduce self, followed by, "this will only take a few
minutes, you will really like what I have for you. (You'll have the 22 reasons for them to become a member of your
team. Don't go over till you are in house, keep in a folder, a clean one.) (Many affiliates have made an elevator pitch
in the yard, poarch, garage. where-ever prospect is. It only takes a few minutes to read the 22 - Points. Right? If don't
review why it's important to join your SFI team, don't leave, if can't review 22- now, either reset appointment, or
let them know you will drop by whenever you are in the neighbor-hood. (In fact, some affiliates just carry 1-with
them.) (rest in car, your choice.)
A couple things about Business Cards. It is my belief that no affiliate should ever use one in the beginning stage of
anenrollment. A card, is not only useless then, but detrimental. The time to leave it is when you leave. Your early
minutes in your approach/presentation are just too valuable for other things. It also paints a picture that they will
call you later, cause you were so nice giving them the card. In yourmind if you have to give them a card, do so at the
time you are leaving. OK? I knew you would agree. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

14 posts

did it finally in Recognition

10 days ago

Nisar K - Your child is very beautiful. You must be very proud. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

14 posts

did it finally in Recognition

10 days ago

Girish A - Congratulations on your accomplishments. Your entire SFI family is rooting for you. Best of luck in all you do.
Thanks for showing the picture, very nice. Keep up the good work. Your excitement will inspire many others. Keep us
posted at this Forum on how you are doing. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

19 posts

My Journey with SFI in Miscellaneous #Astro Auctions #Compensation #Rewardical

10 days ago

Bupathy N. posted:
My dear SFI Friends,
I am proud to say that I have completed two years with SFI . I have learnt a lot here through Forum and newsletters and regular login . Still I have to learn to go a long way to grow with SFI.
What impressed me here is Compensation Package, Rewardicals and very recently introduced Astro Auction.
Our President has been making regular and serious attempts to improve the performance of our affiliates to a great extent with innovative ideas. Those who make use of it will definitely stay here ever and will never quit. My goal is here to sail along with them.
Hope for the best always here.
I wish to thank everyone one here for the support given to me. Bupathy N - Congratulations on your SFI Anniversary.
May you enjoy many more happy and healthy years in your own Marketing Business. Bless you and yours, Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

161 posts

Become Rich with SFI's Six Steps Plan in Compensation #Compensation #Leadership #Team Building

10 days ago

Glicy - One of my favorite quotes, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a da__." The reason I remember it so well, I was being
scolded for the actions of someone else, and these were the last words I uttered as I was leaving. (Clark Gable inspired
me.haha.) (You brought back old memories. I had driven my brand new 4-door Lincoln Continental to work that day,
a jet black beautiful , 1955, the same color as your GTL Badge.) Bless you, Bye for now. Bruce Harper

23 posts

Supporting my dwnline in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

11 days ago

Winny O - Contact your Sponsor, and /or your Upline Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

16 posts

How to calm down my newbies? in Team Building #Team Building

11 days ago

Glicy P - An excellent reply. It is so important that everyone follows your advice when compensation questions
arise. Bless you and yours. Bye for now. Bruce Harper

7 posts

Consider Yourself Lucky To Stand Up And Market!!! in Marketing #Marketing

11 days ago

Glicy P - I darn near missed this reply! Believe me, my dear, you have not changed your form, your character, which I can't
say for your GTL Plaque- ii has changed its form from gold to black once again. You mention the standing would be hard to put into practice, so I have put an addendum in my post on this matter to cover this situation for you. Just say, "folks, I've
had an extremely rough day so hand over a chair, preferable with a soft cushion so I can get you signed up for my great team, and make it fast, I've got a soap-opera on in 45 minutes. Glicy, does this now work for you? How did I know you would like the change? Bless you, and bye Bruce a present too. haha. Bruce Harper LOL (Your replies have made my week-end, still laughing, ha-he-ha-he!

6 posts

# 10 0f 10. "The Whispering Close." , Did You Hear Me? in Marketing #Marketing

11 days ago

Glicy P - Pssst - I just expressed a gift that I think you will love - a hearing aid. (I L U), Bless you, Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

16 posts

My respect all people in Miscellaneous #Compensation

11 days ago

Vahida H - Thanks for sharing your interesting post. I believe you meant, forgive me, instead of "let me forgive you."
Right? Your post was very well written. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

8 posts

New Category for Badges? in Suggestion Box #Contests

11 days ago

Zhumagul A - I believe your suggestion makes good sense. Affiliates do need better control over their prized possessions.
I'm sure your suggestion will lead to some changes, however we all know that with all the changes made recently, and
still many updates on various items still being worked on has made an overload on needed adjustments in several areas.
Gery, and his entire staff are to be applauded for their consistant. ongoing efforts. We all need to practice patience.
Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

7 posts

Consider Yourself Lucky To Stand Up And Market!!! in Marketing #Marketing

11 days ago

Stand Up And Sell -

I have a question for you. What would you do if you are inside an office or home of a prospect and your prospect doesn't
offer you a chair to sit in? Please consider yourself very lucky. You might ask, Bruce, why do you say that? Well, if you
are standing and your prospect is sitting, you have a definite advantage of height. You will dominate your prospect if you are towering over them.

Besides, you can make your points much easier if you have the advantage of mobility which standing gives you. I don't
think it is ever wise to ask if you can take a seat, even though I know a good many marketers do ask if they can be
seated. Now, if you are invited to sit down, that is a completely different ball game, then you must surely sit down. But
don't worry if you aren't asked to. Just consider, as I said, you got lucky. You will find that many of your prospects,
especially in Business places are standers, not sitters. Standing is comfortable to them, and you can obtain more enrollments standing as they are. So, knowing this tidbit, stand up and be heard. We all need every edge that is available
to us, and the preceding is an advantage for Marketers. Enroll -Always & All-Ways. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper P.S. I do understand many of us have physical limitations, if so, just politely tell prospects you do, and
ask for a chair. 99% will understand, if they don't, their loss, right?

23 posts

Prayers for California in Miscellaneous #Leadership #Sponsor

11 days ago

Jessie M - My prayers or on the way. Thanks for reminding all of us how important our prayers are, Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

9 posts

overuse of Chat in Team Building #Getting Started #Sponsor #Team Building

11 days ago

Mary B - Looks like a ticket to Support is in order. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.
Bruce Harper.

6 posts

11 days ago

Jessie M - Thanks for your kind reply. I want you to give me 3 topics you think would help others . I will then do
another 10 Series on one of the 3 you suggest. Thanks for your reply again. Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

5 posts

# 9 Close of 10-"Fire Away With This "22." in Marketing #Marketing

11 days ago

Delmage T- The 22 Tips. Make some Flyers. Bless you & yours, Bye for now. Bruce Harper

6 posts

11 days ago

# 10 of 10. The Whispering Close. Did You Hear Me. For #10 - I thought you needed something very, very unique. Here
it is.
At the precise moment of closing, start whispering, lean in, as if you are letting your prospect in on a deep, dark secret.
Your prospect leans in a little, because she/he doesn't want to miss a word of your whispering. Continue to whisper. Your
prospect will follow your words. Ask them, "will you join my team." Your prospect will usually whisper back, "yes."

Does it take intestinal fortitude, that's guts folks, to use this whisper close, You Bet! Try it, you'll enjoy it. Don't forget
to ask for referrals. (Whispering for them is optional. haha.)
Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

5 posts

# 9 Close of 10-"Fire Away With This "22." in Marketing #Marketing

11 days ago

#9 of 10. Fire away with this "22". First thing go to right top corner of affiliate page, click on Magnifying Glass Econ - Search Bar appears- Enter 2 numbers - "22". Make a few flyers (handouts). At the end of your presentation, Say, -
This is what you get for joining my SFI Team. Read, at a good pace, with enthusiasm, the 22 Tips.

Say, "What more is there for me to say?" "It's all here in black and white. You can't say no to an offer like this can you?"

(Congratulations, you just enrolled a future "Mover." (Don't get so excited that you forget to get your Life-Blood, -
Referrals,)

Bless you and yours, Bye for now.
Bruce Harper