50 TCredits for $9.99 SUPER Sale! Limited Time. Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

6x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

11 posts

How Do we get the best out of our New Recardial Tokens? in Compensation #Compensation #Leadership #Rewardical

2 hours ago

The relevant link on the red/green "RW" Tab connects to: www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=230938 which provides a growing List of 12-ways to "earn" (includes 'winning') Rewardicals.

4 posts

Don't Forget To Roll Over Your Versa Points in VersaPoints #CSA #PSA #VersaPoints

2 hours ago

"Qualified Affiliates have until the 7th of the month to transfer their VP. An alert on their SFI homepage and an e-mail from SFI on the 1st of that month will remind the Affiliate that they can transfer their VP with just one click."
www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=200442

13 posts

Getting to the next level in Getting Started #E365 #Team Building #VersaPoints

4 hours ago

** Inserted (above) because;
Basic Affiliates (non-VIP) and/or Affiliates (any Rank) can earn and "collect" Direct Commissions ("DC") for Sales to (purchases by) their PSAs and PRMs.

13 posts

Getting to the next level in Getting Started #E365 #Team Building #VersaPoints

11 hours ago

I applaud you for sharing your prompt realization that Mentoring is JOB #1 for Leaders (Awesome Sponsors) at SFI.
www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=191295

Best Wishes,
Stephen

16 posts

Rewardicals again! in Compensation #Compensation #Rewardical

13 hours ago

Now, we can easily 'earn' VPs on any day that we 'need' them. For example, I Redeem a few Rewardicals when required to earn at least 20-VP every day. (Earning 20-VP is rewarded by an additional Entry in the 410-prize Daily Grand Draw)

Similarly, TCredits can be acquired by Redeeming Rewardicals when needed to build Green Streaks, etc.

7 posts

Set-up Auto-delivery in Getting Started #Auto-Delivery #CSA

14 hours ago

A common problem in the Forum occurs when an Affiliate (any Rank) Posts in their National or Regional Category.

Readers (including TeamMates) from outside the Nation or Region cannot Reply -- within the Thread. TeamMail may be the best intervention technique.

12 posts

PRMs Purchased from ECAs in Sales #ECA #Marketing #Sales

15 hours ago

I have pondered this problem for some time and came up with this question: "Why purchase (or sign-up) PRM while you can "Sponsor" PSA?"

Both probably (typically over 98%) are inactive even when given boomerang Gift Certificates. PSAs are however, often lower-cost (to purchase or recruit) and are automatically also PRMs, but since they are Affiliates (any Rank) you can Contact, and thereby possibly Activate and Mentor them.

54 posts

Hey Buddy! Can you afford $1.99 per day? in Getting Started #Getting Started

1 day ago

Only if you can put on 30 Auto Deliveries in the month. Which I don't think you can do. You have to buy 1 per day to get the minimum of 10VP per day to maintain your VP streak badge. But, if you want to spend it all at one time, yes you can do that.

Unfortunately, it will show some people they don't need to log in every day. So what happens if some important news comes up and they miss it, because they didn't want to log in for several days, or even 1 month?

I know the idea is a bit cheaper price, but, there might be other consequences of some actions not being taken.

Dear Scott,
I think we can put 30 deliveries in the month. Whenever I purchase 1TC the question 'are you putting this in Auto Delivery? You will pay only $1.89'. Whenever I pay in cash the purchase is made AD. The only time the AD is not used is when payment is made through MRP, but now paying this way is no** longer available.
I noticed that the subsequent month is paid in accordance to the days purchase in cash was done.

** I expect that the "Single TCredit" PACKage of 102-VP and 1-TCredit will be available for 150-MRP for at least 1-year. We are No Longer still able to receive Member Reward Points (MRP) by Bidding at PriceBenders, and Paying to Play, or 'purchase' Matches and/or Moves at Eagar Zebra. (Check your TripleClicks MRP Ledger at www.tripleclicks.com/myaccount/mrp_ledger.php )

Updated Boldly inside the quote above. No Longer receive MRP there either.

The traditional 1-year Expiration has started, but may be accelerated or replaced with a special conversion opportunity.

If you like redeeming/exchanging MRP for the 102-VP plus 1-TCredit PACKage (labelled as "Single TCredit") or similar PACKages, prompt strategic planning and action are recommended.

16 posts

Rewardicals again! in Compensation #Compensation #Rewardical

1 day ago

A current Wordsmith Leaderboard Challenger has given your Post a Like.

We can easily watch our RT 'comings & goings' on our Rewardical Ledger: www.rewardical.com/Ledger although access is hidden behind various fine-print text-links.

I also 'like' that we focus Redemptions on VPs (without TCredits) or TCredits (without VPs), to efficiently fulfill our specific wishes.

72 posts

The Noun Sponsor creates the problem... in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

1 day ago

PSAs understand having "Supervisors"....
- Personally Supervised Affiliates (PSA) do not expect to receive benefits from Supervisors
- Mentoring is minimal and not implied, nor expected.
----------------
Mentoring (lack of) is apparently a BIG problem.
- Be Persistent with Mentoring YOUR Team
- Standout: Mentor for Success

13 posts

Why can't we know who our PSA's CSA's are? in Miscellaneous #CSA #PSA

1 day ago

You seem to mean You have a PSA named Joe and your Joe has a Co-Sponsor named Tom. (YourJoe is Tom`s CSA)

Since Tom is not in your Upline or Downline, You can not contact Tom for ANY reason, -- even if that reason is to help your Joe.
-----------------

Can you imagine being contacted by the Sponsors of all your CSAs?

54 posts

2 days ago

Only if you can put on 30 Auto Deliveries in the month. Which I don't think you can do. You have to buy 1 per day to get the minimum of 10VP per day to maintain your VP streak badge. But, if you want to spend it all at one time, yes you can do that.

Unfortunately, it will show some people they don't need to log in every day. So what happens if some important news comes up and they miss it, because they didn't want to log in for several days, or even 1 month?

I know the idea is a bit cheaper price, but, there might be other consequences of some actions not being taken.

Dear Scott,
I think we can put 30 deliveries in the month. Whenever I purchase 1TC the question 'are you putting this in Auto Delivery? You will pay only $1.89'. Whenever I pay in cash the purchase is made AD. The only time the AD is not used is when payment is made through MRP, but now paying this way is no** longer available.
I noticed that the subsequent month is paid in accordance to the days purchase in cash was done.

** I expect that the "Single TCredit" PACKage of 102-VP and 1-TCredit will be available for 150-MRP for at least 1-year. We are still able to receive Member Reward Points (MRP) by Bidding at PriceBenders, and Paying to Play, or 'purchase' Matches and/or Moves at Eagar Zebra. (Check your TripleClicks MRP Ledger at www.tripleclicks.com/myaccount/mrp_ledger.php )

54 posts

2 days ago

Welcome Silva to SFI and your 1st Post on the/our Forum.

Always persist and earn the 10-free VersaPoints (VP) every day and build a VP Streak by turning red Tabs green!

Wishing you much success,
Stephen

72 posts

The Noun Sponsor creates the problem... in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

2 days ago

Your response is appreciated and enthusiastically "forgiven". Open discussion benefits from sharing "views", as I often do, sometimes with an unpredicted 'informative' response.

A "name" whenever possible, should indicate the primary duty of the 'Office' or 'JOB".

1.) At SFI referring Leads or signing Members/Affiliates is a distinct JOB that many consider to be "sponsoring". This critically important JOB is essentially (in essence) completed as soon as Leads Signup and become Affiliates or Members. This referral job is similar to that of an Army Recruiting Officer.

2.) The distinctly second JOB, similar to that of an Army Drill-Sargent, is to train, motivate, or perhaps 'mentor' their assigned Affiliates (any Rank). Many Affiliates consider this mentoring duty to be "sponsoring". Although this Office is always filled, the Incumbent often fails to fulfill their mentoring responsibility.
---------------
Notice the implied difference between the Duties of a Peace Officier and those of a Police Officier.

72 posts

2 days ago

If 80% never advise, how can you refer to them as Advisor?

My original Sponsor gave me a couple of quotes, and nothing more. I wouldn't call him an advisor.

We should prepare to accept a 'name' that describes the primary Duty of the Office, rather than the (lack of) Proficiency of the Incumbent.

The primary duty of a "Sponsor" is to Mentor their "PSA" after they have been "Signed up" by an "Originator" or "Referrer". The failure rate of a Mentor to mentor (or Sponsor to mentor/sponsor) is a separate concern /mountain.

"Advisor" seems a little too inflexible, close to trainer, manager, teacher, etc. implying one-way, top-down direction. I think Mentor best implies a two-way, interactive relationship -- close to a junior-partnership.

54 posts

2 days ago

I think you can set up (1) Auto-Delivery for (1) "Single TCredit" PACKage, and then "Quick Order this Item" (in your "Auto-Delivery Manager") every day if you want. The daily login to "Quick Order" and over 20-VP each day will earn several Benefits including extra Daily Grand Draw Entries.

72 posts

3 days ago

Mentor is a great word!...but I think the problem is that 80% or more of those who sponsor someone would not come close to qualifying as a mentor, especially those that are just buying PSAs. This would also apply to coach, consultant, guide, etc.

The word we use sets an expectation for the new person of course, so if we were indeed going to change the term, we'd want to choose a word that sets the right expectation.

I understand that some "Mentors" may fail to mentor their 'Personally Mentored Affiliates' (PMA). I am disappointed and very surprised that "80% or more" of Sponsors fail to mentor their PSAs in spite of the Active Sponsor and several other programs.

A quick thought: Active Recruiters that do not want to mentor their PSAs, should be strongly encouraged to use either the PPA program or the 100% Option in Opti-Build -- possibly with a relaxed NDDO (Non-Designated Diamond Option).

Best Wishes for All,

72 posts

3 days ago

Mentor is a great word!...but I think the problem is that 80% or more of those who sponsor someone would not come close to qualifying as a mentor, especially those that are just buying PSAs. This would also apply to coach, consultant, guide, etc.

The word we use sets an expectation for the new person of course, so if we were indeed going to change the term, we'd want to choose a word that sets the right expectation.

I am personally in favour of REFERRER as the word to use. It has been used in affiliate marketing for many years and I don't see any advantage in trying to change it. I have been involved with Affiliate Marketing even before it was known by that name. When I began it was called REFERRAL MARKETING.

Michael

I disagree with the designation of Referrer to the final Recipient of PSAs that they (the Recipient) is EXPECTED to Mentor or at least "activate".

The designation "Referrer" should be reserved for the Affiliate (any Rank) that "Originated" the Signup or purchased the Signup -- possibly to (give away or) "Reassign" to the final Recipient to mentor.

72 posts

3 days ago

Yes, it works perfectly in the U.S. but that's not what got the whole conversation going to be honest. I was "sponsored" 37 years ago and that's the term I've always known and used. However, the term "sponsor" is something of an issue when dealing with other cultures.

Leon McKee

Agreed. I think it's a healthy discussion, especially if it should lead to further simplification, a goal we are very interested in.

I think we should forego the use of traditional insider Industrial lexicon when it differs significantly from the Layman`s. I am a Layman in the Marketing Industry, as are the majority of our PSAs -- I suspect. I try to analysis my surprises, particularly when they are caused by nouns or verbs being used contrarily to Industrial Outsider understanding.

I left SFI alone for my first year, suspecting that my Sponsor had baited 'the trap' when I was forced to become a Member of TripleClicks.

Thank you Gery, and SFI for giving the time and the atmosphere to dissipate my fear. I now feel at home and want to help ease the integration for others by removing some grains of sand.

Sincerely,

72 posts

3 days ago

Currently, under recent changes, we "Refer" new Members to the various Zing programs: TripleClicks, Rewardical, Localvantia, etc., however, we now "Originate" new Affiliate-Signups (POA) to SFI. These activities are largely independent of Sponsoring.

"Sponsoring" is essentially now just the ultra-low or no-cost, post-signup, activity of motivating, coaching, supporting, or mentoring, etc. Actually, now our Sponsoring or mentoring of a PSA often begins after receiving free PSAs that have been reassigned to us.

As I understand the prevailing definitions, there is no sponsoring, nor referring of Affiliates.

We should try to find words that are innately understood by most, and are also not ambiguous to anyone.

Since you seem to challenge every word SFI uses, perhaps you would like to submit a new glossary so that us hillbillys can get it right.

SFI has already started your suggestion. We however often need to include the word "glossary" in our Searches:

"Glossary" leads to www.sfimg.com/Support/index?category=26444&folder=52454
"Glossary Affiliate" leads to the 01/19/2018 definition of 'Affiliate' (any Rank) at www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?catid=26444&id=33067 -- not listed for a Search of "Affiliate".

Grains of sand are receiving attention and are being removed to allow concentrating on the mountains.
www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=115963

72 posts

3 days ago

Maintaining the "S" in "PSA" would be beneficial. 'Personal Supported Affiliate' comes to mind.

"Supported" has the sound of financial help.

The Business Dictionary defines Sponsor: 1. Individual or entity who organizes and is committed to the development of a product, program, or project. http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/sponsor.html

Sounds pretty good to me!

Unfortunately, definitions 2. & 3. are much more generally associated with the word Sponsor.

1. Individual or entity who organizes and is committed to the development of a product, program, or project.
2. Advertiser who pays (in part or in full) the cost of broadcasting a radio or television program, by running commercials during the program's broadcast.
3. Donor firm that underwrites a part or whole of the expense of staging a public event through contributions in cash or kind, and is allowed to display advertising banners or to otherwise promote itself or its products during the sponsored event.
4. General partner who organizes and promotes a general partnership or limited partnership.

Their definition 1. seems to be for a traditional "Manager".

72 posts

3 days ago

Maintaining the "S" in "PSA" would be beneficial. 'Personal Supported Affiliate' comes to mind.

72 posts

3 days ago

Currently, under recent changes, we "Refer" new Members to the various Zing programs: TripleClicks, Rewardical, Localvantia, etc., however, we now "Originate" new Affiliate-Signups (POA) to SFI. These activities are largely independent of Sponsoring.

"Sponsoring" is essentially now just the ultra-low or no-cost, post-signup, activity of motivating, coaching, supporting, or mentoring, etc. Actually, now our Sponsoring or mentoring of a PSA often begins after receiving free PSAs that have been reassigned to us.

As I understand the prevailing definitions, there is no sponsoring, nor referring of Affiliates.

We should try to find words that are innately understood by most, and are also not ambiguous to anyone.

72 posts

3 days ago

"And now a word from our Sponsor":

A recent Thread www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=116200 inspired this;

Most people associate getting a free gift (or loss-leader) with the Sponsor. They naturally expect and feel "entitled" to gifts from a "Sponsor".

If SFI renames "Sponsors" to be for example Mentor, Coach, Supervisor, Advisor, or Guide, the relationship would be better understood, and also the "entitlement" expectation problem reduced or eliminated.

Note that we have already separated recruiting or "Originating" POAs from the ambiguous "Sponsoring" of PSAs. PSAs are often given to us by our Sponsor, through either the Opti-Build program or better-focused Manual Reassignments programs.

The noun Sponsor barely explains any function related to SFI.

8 posts

benefit chart in Getting Started

3 days ago

Rose has provided the best response possible:
www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1343693#post-1343693

Notice that the "Benefits Chart" was called a Comparison Chart:
www.sfimg.com/Reference/ComparisonChart

because there is another, handy, true "SFI Comparison Chart":
www.sfimg.com/ReviewSIM/SFIComparisonChart.pdf
accessible through the "Compare SFI" link on the Black-Bar "Reference" Menu.