Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

16x SUPPORT
Harold G.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

18 posts

why not introduce rented refferals? in Suggestion Box #PSA #Sponsor #Team Building

4 days ago

Maybe I'm lost here...
But for the life of me--Why would I RENT a referral when there options to PURCHASE them or to participate in Co-Ops (like S-BUILDER) and retain them until they quit or fall off the list from inactivity??? Also, through your own efforts (as so many others in this conversation tree have pointed out), you can get referrals and team members and again, keep them indefinitely (until they opt-out or fall off the list from inactivity).

SFI has been around for a long time--and even though we continue to find ways to improve, SFI actually sets the standards for this type of online Network/Affiliate Marketing business.

Like real estate: Why Rent when you can Purchase?

Go Diamond!
--Hal

12 posts

Sharing the correct information in Sales

8 days ago

Good post, Tanja!
I'm not sure if you're post came through a Co-Sponsor or Upline--but either way it doesn't matter. However, as you mentioned the information we STREAM needs to be accurate. We also need to be sensitive to the fact that our STREAM reaches out to our CSAs who aren't really our affiliates--they're pretty much locked into someone else's line of sponsorship AND someone's permanent PSA (unless a sponsor quits or becomes inactive for a period of time). When I post in the STREAM I don't want to misdirect or wrongly influence anyone, and I'm always conscious of the fact my CSAs see me STREAMs. I want to provide solid info, general direction, and encouragement. I don't want to disrupt, be over zealous in providing direction on the stream because of differences in team building philosophies within different lines of sponsorship, and I try to keep my posts helpful, but general. I save the nitty-gritty for GroupMailers where I can be more direct and provide stronger instruction and keep it directed to my own downline.
We need to remember that CSAs are an added plus, and they are not our downline, so for that reason, while I don't ever want to provide my team with wrong information--I'm especially more sensitive about my STREAM posts because CSAs see them.
Thought I'd weigh in with you on this.
Thanks!

Go Diamond!
--Hal

56 posts

He's BACK! in Miscellaneous #Compensation

23 days ago

Welcome Back My Friend!!!!!!!!!

It's truly nice and heart warming to see this reunion :)

--Hal

50 posts

My Observation in Team Building #Auto-Delivery #CSA #Team Building

24 days ago

Actually, Boris, you make some very valuable points.
1. Marketing/Advertising--to earn some big money--not just sport a badge, it's going to take effective advertisement placement--and that costs more than it used to for us. I remember when PTC ads would harvest 1- 3 active affiliates (those who got with the program and committed to Standing Order --Auto-Delivery) out of every 25-50 clicks paid for! And those people stuck around for a little while anyway--I have some who are still with me that came from those methods! Today--we have to do things differently and the ads cost much more than a dime or quarter per click on our ads.... Again, this is to be able to help drive depth in order to earn the big money. (If only Opti-Build was around back in the PTC days!!!).

2. I have mixed feelings on the CSA program. I see its benefits...but I also know the economics and dynamics of what is behind harvesting an affiliate who is "ready to hit the ground running"with this business (BCQ--Sponsoring and Dulicating!). I can identify with the sentiments that the compensation for doing the work (of learning how to be effective) and paying for effective ad campaigns shouldn't be so readily shared through the CSA compensation.

This bears no reflection on the integrity of Gery/SFI--but does present some contrasting philosophies on making this business work. I get it, that CSAs are there to help pacify people until they get the hang of things (as the original post to this thread endorses). But I believe that if LEADERS will "go to school" early in their business on how to be effective marketers and then duplicate/teach what they do and why they do it, their committed and qualified team members will receive quality/active PSAs through the OptiBuild program while they learn what their upline is doing. The problem is, too many want to negotiate the price for success. $50 to find 1 potential Diamond or BTL/STL/GTL, etc. for that matter is NOT A LOT OF MONEY in the long run--but it's a strong investment that should see a richer compensation. The CSA program does present an encumberance to this sort of return on investment.

I realize what I shared requires looking at this business through some different lenses. And Boris, I believe this is what you're trying to share. I also realize that a lot of people rely heavily on the CSA program and to change it would cut their compensation... but if the ROI were richer, more would be able to afford to invest effectively. I'd rather spend $50 effectively for 1 solid team member than piddle away hundreds of dollars over 6 months to find a 1 active affiliate out of several thousand sign ups.
As someone said, yes it is a numbers game....but the key to winning the game is to put in the optimal of capital to get the best return--perhaps everyone, Boris is on to something insightful as I said.. :) :)

Go Diamond! Thanks for your posts, Boris.

--Hal

50 posts

My Observation in Team Building #Auto-Delivery #CSA #Team Building

27 days ago

Hi Everyone,

Focusing on acquiring more CSAs as a strategy is just that...a strategy. Is it the best strategy?

1. CSAs are harvested (signed-up) through someone else's efforts. Just like farming out your own PSA growth to outside sources (i.e. ECAs who offer traffic/sign-ups, or SFI's resources), you don't know what methods are used to harvest them. This provides any immediate handicap: HOW to follow up with them. When you bring people into the program through your own efforts, you will know how to follow up with them--because YOU know what brought them in. So, while CSAs are an added perk where potential income is concerned, you are not at any real advantage emphasizing your resources on obtaining them.

2. You will earn more from your efforts when you lead a PSA or a downline team member into getting started the right way. Getting started the right way (according to any network marketing expert) includes helping people to understand the value of committing to their business. This commitment MUST include experiencing/using the products regularly. The SFI Smart Start emphasizes this. Getting started right includes committing to marketing the opportunity (becoming effective in doing so), and it also includes becoming a BCQ--the first month. According to Zig Ziglar and other experts in the industry, those who begin with a fast start (or Smart Start) or far more likely to succeed with the network marketing opportunity to which they belong (ref: "Network Marketing For Dummies," by, Zig Ziglar and John P. Hayes). Putting more focus on effectively recruiting AND getting people started right provides a greater payoff--especially when this process is duplicated throughout your team!

So...
While CSAs are a nice perk...accumulate them as you go. BUT, put your emphasis where the best potential return is. If you're struggling in this area, get the essential activity knowledge that will empower your effectiveness.

Go Diamond,
--Hal

20 posts

A2A in Miscellaneous

about 1 month ago

Gery accurately and truthfully states the case:
1. While I have enjoyed some a2a associations, a2a has been a source of problems for me personally and for my team. Yes...the abuses were too many--and no one wants to lose their team members to cross solicitations or to someone venting their negativity without moderation. Again, I've personally encountered this....and reported it.
2. a2a has lived out its original purpose. With the changes in the compensation plan (compensation based on sales and an income affected by rank), more members in the lines of sponsorship are active and supportive of their team and members in different countries also find active leaders in their lines of sponsorship thus not needing a2a support.
3. And yes, there are plenty of relationships to develop in the Forum and in your own line of sponsorship.

And as someone else said about a2a..."bin it." I agree. It's time to put it to rest.

Go Diamond!
--Hal

29 posts

Team builder- beautiful truthful story in Inspiration/Testimonials

about 1 month ago

Happy Birthday Boris!

I appreciate your post and starting this thread, Mirjana. I remember when Boris was starting out. He and I for the most part shared (and we still do, I'm sure) very similar views regarding this business in the old Forum (as well as the new). He came in after I did, but moved along wonderfully in the business. He posted often in the Forum and he was (and STILL IS!!) a great inspiration to many of us.

In fact, he made a believer out of many affiliates as he shared his progress and experiences and insights. His leadership from our perspective (I'm not in his downline or upline) is exemplary! He always displayed an example of confidence while remaining humble, and he always sought to serve the SFI community on this Forum and the old Forum.

Boris is a winner! He never made excuses; he made things happen...and yes WHAT A TEAM of winners that were duplicated.

How did he do it? From what I know of him through the Forum, he had a DREAM worth fighting for!! That is the quintessential secret of becoming a successful entrepreneur and a winner! All of the details of what to do, and how to be effective in marketing and building/leading/serving your team come after that. Activity knowledge will always be discovered and obtained when the dream is big enough. As you mentioned, he pioneered the Balkans and the great successes from that team when no one from there had even stepped into SFI! He took away our excuses in America! His success and passion for his dream clearly resonated a fundamental principle: When the dream is big enough, the facts don't count!!! As you mentioned, Mirjana, there were many reasons and facts against his success and so many others in that line of sponsorship--but the dream WAS (and IS) big enough--and the so-called facts, theories, and excuses from thumb-sucking pinheads were swept away like ashes by the winds of a winner and a winning team determined to run the race and win! And yet...the best is yet to come (for Boris and his team, AND anyone who makes the decision and commits to going to the top)!

Go Diamond!
--Hal
Thank you, Boris, my friend...for your commitment and example . You're a true winner!

23 posts

Attention Mr. Gery - Immediate Action Required! in Suggestion Box #Marketing #Rewardical

about 1 month ago

While there are some dedicated proprietors involved with the RECA program, this demonstrates why we saw the ECA program completely overhauled. Again, many ECAs at that time were dedicated to their e-commerce activity as proprietors, but many joined the program hoping to find an avenue to easy/instant money. So, with exception of the most active ECAs (top sales performers), all other ECAs were suspended. Of course since then, many migrated to the RECA program and worked to meet the necessary requirements to get going again. AND...I'm sure new referrals were also made. So, my point in providing this overview is this: Sadly, many RECA proprietors are simply not dedicated to their business; they simply joined the program (even with the higher standards/requirements in place) only hoping to earn easy/instant income. Again, fortunately we DO HAVE dedicaed RECAs...but so many simply aren't.

--Hal

9 posts

The aim of the work is Marketing in Marketing #Marketing

2 months ago

Actually, the aim of our work is producing Sales Volume.
What we must do to accomplish that is become effective at marketing. The "best practices" model for SFI is simply this:
1. Be Your Own Best Customer (generate at least 1500VP with your own purchases) While You Also Work at Generating Sales to PRMs.
2. Duplicate This: Sponsor others who do the same while they also sponsor others who do the same.
3. Become Effective at Marketing this Model and teach others what you do and how you do it.

Go Diamond!

--Hal

11 posts

Why my new CSA aren't active in Compensation #CSA

2 months ago

Hello Eveldina,

Three things to succeed:
1. Produce Sales Volume:
Commit to a minimum of 1500VP in TC Sales Volume. The best way is to commit to an Auto-Delivery of 1500VP in TC Sales Volume while also working at making sales. Sales Volume is what produces commissions!
2. Sponsor others who duplicate step 1.
Promote the importance of producing sales (BOTH through Auto-Deliver--we buy our own products-- while also working at making sales to PRMs). Again, we are paid to produce sales volume.
3. Build a Team.
You'll advance in rank which will broaden your commissions potential as your team grows. Teach others how to market their business/how to effectively sponsor others. This does take time and persistence.

CSAs aren't critical to your overall success. The CSA program is basically an added "bonus" for your efforts. While you should try to promote the benefits of SFI to CSAs and encourage them, you're main focus should the three points I've shared. Most CSAs are inactive and stay inactive. However, you don't know who it is you'll inspire to become active. So, don't lose heart as you reach out to them. Again, my suggestion based on experience is to prioritize the three points I shared.

Go Diamond!
--Hal

47 posts

My Best Tip....Still True 8 Years Later in Getting Started #Getting Started #Leadership #Team Building

3 months ago

Hi Scott,
Well said, well written and organized!

Most of all--Bulls Eye!

Thanks for sharing!
--Hal

8 posts

Question in Getting Started #Team Building

3 months ago

Hi Munkaila,

You will eventually NEED to invest something (in terms of money) into your business, just to be straightforward and honest. Too many people come into this business wanting to put nothing (in terms of money into it) and then wonder about their results.

Everyone who is determined to succeed, who will put forth time, effort, and money while learning what it takes to be an effective marketer and team leader and applying oneself to what it takes CAN SUCCEED. It's really that simple, though not always that easy.

Go Diamond!

--Hal

21 posts

Missing Action: Where Is Bruce H.?? in Miscellaneous #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

3 months ago

Hi Mirjana,

Thank you for your care and concern. I'm doing well. I've somewhat shifted my energies toward focusing on team building. Yes, I'm here--
And Bruce, I will keep you and your wife in my prayers.

Thank you again, Mirjana.

--Hal

21 posts

Missing Action: Where Is Bruce H.?? in Miscellaneous #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

3 months ago

It's always great when someone takes note of another :)

I too enjoy Bruce's posts. His contributions to the community are truly appreciated.

Thanks for sharing your concern. I do see that he's still around. Have you selected to follow his posts?

--Hal

17 posts

Place a demo video at SFI's homepage/Login. in Suggestion Box #Getting Started

5 months ago

While some prefer videos, I prefer reading. Most videos I've found on the net tend to go ON and On AND ON....without ever telling you anything. But that's me.
There is quite a bit of information simply displayed in the Smart Start phase for new affiliates. I'm not sure there is an advantage to putting it in video there...
HOWEVER...
What you're talking about is marketing...which is what WE can and should do. Just because an affiliate signs up doesn't mean that our marketing efforts should stop...most affiliates still need to have the benefits and features of SFI promoted to them--so offer them such resources as their sponsor or upline team leader.

--Hal

19 posts

Can a small home business enter the localvantia/ECA program? in ECA Program #Localvantia

5 months ago

I was just going to make the same suggestion... Contact support :)

My perception of LocalVantia is that it is for Brick and Mortar locations (in other words businesses with their own established address).

So, best to contact Support unless Gery weighs in on this thread.

--Hal

7 posts

SFI - Know your Altitude in Team Building #Marketing #Team Building #TripleClicks

5 months ago

Well said, Horace!

I like the quote. PERSISTENCE is so important. Might I add, that we must persist at what need to do while being persistent in identifying HOW to do it best!--then persist in doing exactly that!! ;)

Go Diamond!
--Hal

38 posts

I have NEVER asked my downline to go up in rank... in Getting Started #Marketing #PSA #Team Building

6 months ago

Hello Helena,

While I can't directly comment on your situation (as I don't know all the facts), I can say a couple of things:

1. SFI is NOT a big fraud. To the contrary, it's the real deal. If it were a fraud, earning money would be as easy as pyramidding. I've been with SFI long enough to know that many people come in and want instant earnings and so many want to avoid making investments. Those who work smart, and fine tune what they invest make progress.

2. As far as your situation, building a team that generates TC Sales Volume is where the money is. Short term, the money is small. Long term--duplicate sponsoring people who generate TC Sales Volume and eventually the income does more than grow or multiply, it exponentiates ;-)!

--Hal

38 posts

I have NEVER asked my downline to go up in rank... in Getting Started #Marketing #PSA #Team Building

6 months ago

Hi Herman,

You're welcome! And thanks for your input as well!

There will be some adjustments needed with regards to the change over and our teams--it takes some teaching, encouragement...and yes--reward those who perform :)

Go Diamond!

--Hal

38 posts

6 months ago

Not true Tommy.
How would you know since you don't do paid advertising....?

Actually, I don't ASK anyone to buy anything. I do however express the importance of experiencing and using our products if you're going to market/promote/sell them. Period. It's a fundamental dynamic of effective salesmanship and marketing.

Second, those who DO support their own products at TC actually demonstrate a level of commitment that others haven't yet arrived (unless their truly financially unable to yet do so). Many team leaders reward and reinforce this level of commitment--plus (AGAIN)--using our products is a foundation for effective marketing.

I also don't tell anyone to advance in rank. Sometimes I've asked, why? You know, if someone has a leg that is 12 deep and their current rank leaves them out of reach to capturing Team Overrides, I'm going to tell them they need to consider advancing in rank to capture the commissions they're missing!

I don't ask people to advance their rank ever. I teach them how to advance in rank and why it's important to advance in rank. Sure, SFI does a great job of providing information--but you're telling team leaders to NOT be team leaders by remaining "mum" on some very important basics in Network Marketing 101.

Also, this community is NOT your team. I appreciate your desire to offer ideas, share what you do, and make some suggestions. I don't appreciate posts that actually "steer or navigate" the community in directions that may be contrary to what other team leaders are doing. Posts like that become counter-productive and actually cross into what is called cross-lining (though it may not be intended). So when constructing a post, let's offer ideas, suggestions, and discuss methods--but be careful of promoting very specific strategies....We don't want to be counter productive to others' efforts, right?

--Hal

10 posts

Servicing Product of a MLM in Sales #ECA #Localvantia #Sales

6 months ago

The problem is it sets a precedence. If you let one in, you have to let others. And again, it opens Pandora's Box... It's just not worth it in the long run. I know we'd like to earn money/rewardicals, but we need to view what we do from a long term perspective. There's BIG money to be made and again, why set up interference?

Thanks Edward, I appreciate your questions.

--Hal

10 posts

Servicing Product of a MLM in Sales #ECA #Localvantia #Sales

6 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Think about this:

One of us signs up a person who offers products/services from XYZ MLM Group as an RECA. What stops this person from signing up our affiliates should they come to him??
Sure he can't solicit, but what stops a PASSIVE CROSS-SOLICITATION situation from taking place after we've enabled it?
Let's go further. Several people on YOUR team get involved and focus on XYZ MLM Group activities (selling, building a team). This is going to WATER DOWN their time/money/effort and focus in SFI. Can you and really afford to even tolerate such a potential situation let alone bring it into the fold??
Do those of us who work hard AND SPEND money building their teams (and supporting our product line through self-purchases while also laboring/investing to sell them) really want that type of "cross-fire" in our own program???

I honestly don't want this type of interference and this sort of potential cross-solicitation sub-culture found in TripleClicks. Too many of us have spent years, hard work, and a good amount of money taking the SFI Journey...

Two thumbs down on this sort of recruitment where I'm concerned. That's what the Amazon platform (and others) is about--not TripleClicks. TripleClicks and any of the Zing channels should not be used as a stepping stone platform to produce sales volume for another MLM or Network Marketing Company.

All this so we CAN Go Diamond!
--Hal

65 posts

Suggestions for my two problems in Suggestion Box #PSA

6 months ago

Hi Elizabeta,

I also shared my story of how I delivered papers (in my earlier days in network marketing) to have money for my business. Thank you for sharing this important part of your destiny to growing a successful business! Too many people overlook becoming resourceful (making handcrafts scarves, or delivering papers, or something else) to obtain the money they need to build their business.
I agree with you whole heartedly, if you truly and earnestly want to be successful you'll find a way--

Thanks again!
--Hal

65 posts

Suggestions for my two problems in Suggestion Box #PSA

6 months ago

Hi Mary and Everyone,
Keep in mind when we obtain CSAs through a purchasing process--it is made clear what the qualifications are to retain those CSAs. So there's nothing unfair here.

WHY a criteria for retaining CSAs?
The CSA program is a privilege--a reward/incentive for co-sponsors who are willing to AT LEAST maintain the rank of EA demonstrating their commitment to their own leadership in SFI.
Would it be "fair" if a person could "buy" CSAs and never do anything while accumulating active CSAs beyond paying for them? Someone else put time, money, and WORK into cultivating that active CSA (their REAL sponsor)!!! Being a co-sponsor is simply A PERK for committed leaders. As a co-sponsor you are rewarded commissions from CSA purchases and in turn you simply need to be a sources of recognition, encouragement, and help when needed (in situations where the sponsor or upline leadership is not supportive). CSAs ARE NOT a part of our team--they are an add on appendage that provides a potential income stream for those who are committed leaders in SFI; the demonstration of that commitment is maintaining EA status--whether you acquire them through auctions / purchases or through the CSA REWARDS program.

--Ha